Boo to Wine Library (are you listening Gary V?)

Tim, were you the one who won the weekend in Napa with Gary?

I think it was the other way around. [basic-smile.gif] Are you going to make me express my love for GV now? Usually that’s Gary’s job. [basic-smile.gif]

He seems like he’d be fun to party with. You guys had fun, No?

It was a great time – he brought his wife for her first Napa experience as well. One of the highlights was staying at a vineyard on Howell Mountain – waking up in the morning to chilly fog in the middle of August. It was all back room tastings which has spoiled me for wine tasting – I rarely enjoy walking into a winery for the standard tasting anymore!

Once you go ITB you can never got back. neener You guys must have gotten to try some killer 07 Cabs, I’ll bet.

I had a close relative that insisted on getting me something for xmas. So in late Nov, I sent her a link to a couple of bottles at WL (I had a free shipping code at the time so went with WL). Little did I know that she waited until a few days before xmas to order…which meant it was going to arrive after xmas while I would be out of town for a week. I only found out after it was en route so I called FedEx to see if they would hold deilvery until 12/31 when I would be back as I didn’t want multiple Fed Ex stickers on my door showing the world that we are out of town for an extended time and the rep stated this could be done. Of course, when I get back home on 12/31 there are 2 Fed Ex stickers on my door for attempted deliveries. headbang

Of course I was upset with FedEx but the result is I will not give others the option of buying me wine from WL again unless there is some type of gift certificate that I can redeem online myself.

Nothing a ‘shout-out’ on episode 1000 can’t fix! [swoon.gif]

How would the scenario have been any different if it was some other store instead of WL? I must be missing something here that makes you put any part of this on WL. They have one of the best systems I have yet seen to schedule shipping for whatever works for the buyer. It seems like your relative is the only one that really should get any blame here.

This would apply to any wine retailer for me. Since this thread was about WL and my situation was a WL purchase, I just used it as an example…and since my relative never buys wine online, the blame is on me for not telling her what’s involved with receiving a wine shipment and assuming she was buying soon after asking me.

Sounds like WL is working to include this type of GC so that would make them (or any retailer) that offers online redeemable GC back in the mix for gift ideas for me.