Boisset; this guy must be great at parties

All the parties JCB has invited me to were benefits for the homeless.
Not too deep down, Jean-Charles is very thoughtful and sensitive to the needs of others.

And from what I’ve heard, everybody who has met him likes him. Charm, perhaps, but genuine enough that apparently everybody falls for it.

I choose to believe that this guy is hilarious and that all of these photos are him being goofy. To which I say, bravo! Always nice to see a public figure who doesn’t take himself too seriously.

The alternative is too horrible to contemplate.

He seems to take narcissism to a whole other dimension. It just screams, “Me, me, me! Look at me!” – but with a gaudy superficiality which is, to me, incredibly off-putting. A sort of Liberace-esque quality to it. That said, I suppose even a narcissist can do good things, so kudos for that.

Wow! I saw 3 or 4 pics in the gallery without him in it!!

What a showman! Definitely some homages to Liberace.

Is the wine any good??

The JCB bubbly is not bad at all. Hilarious photos!

When MW and her friend met him at a JCB tasting at Disneyworld about 6 years ago, he must have pulled some sort of Austin Powers move as they both nearly rushed and tackled him with lust. Although my response was a bit more metered! I agree he has a bit of charisma.

BTW - I have enjoyed a few JCB Pinots…

The red room looked like a bordello; was looking for a red velvet painting of Elvis. Hilarious, he looked to be having fun with it. Maybe he was ribbing euro trash?

I can’t remember when I first met JC; I met his parents in the early '80s. We shared an accountant. What he has done at Raymond reminds me of an ad for Wells Fargo back in the '60s, Who says banking has to be boring? He has made visiting a winery entertaining again. There is the ‘winemaker for a day’ room and its crazy winemaker costumes.
The cellars with mannequins hanging from the rafters…the red room…the doggie winery for Frenchie…who can resist this stuff??

Tourists just want to have fun. He figured that out pretty well.

He showed me a room he inherited from the Raymonds that was pure Elvis meets LasVegas…unbelievable.

He has turned his fun craziness into a marketing strategy.

Conveniently, his winery was featured on … The Real Housewives of Orange County this week so you can get a quick video tour - complete with barrel tasting naughtiness here:

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-10/episode-1003/videos?clip=2876310

+1 on the jcb brand bubbles, not bad at all.

Visited Raymond and his JCB lounge. Quite the experience and quite fun with a group.

Wow.
[shock.gif] champagne.gif

I lol’ed when Gina Gallo got hosed out of a glass clink from her hubby at 0:18 - he hit up the host, then Gina turned to him…DENIED.

Yeah and he doesn’t have much sense of camera angle and framing either, he starts to block her out by moving and she sees it and moves (quite gracefully I thought) to stay in the picture. Or maybe he was doing it on purpose!

“Now where did I put my cocaine? I have to interview some winemakers in a couple of minutes” [shock.gif]

I really don’t want or need Disneyland at my winery. So nobody has posted as to whether the Raymond wines have gotten any better. Have they?

Sincerity is the key to selling. If you can fake that, you’ve got it made. [wink.gif]