Black Friday Sales

Where did you see this?

A Berserker Day participant. Great Aglianico.

https://shop.westoftemperance.com/

Looks like some awesome deals but it is in store only

In an email. I missed that it was in-store only.

Thanks! I was able pickup quite a bit!

Any offers from Woodland Hills wine? Need to get some stuff there for family. Tomorrow might be a good time!

Anderson Conn Valley has the 2013 Block series cabernet available. Any thoughts on 2013 block cab vs. 2013 estate reserve cab? I recently finished my last 2013 estate reserve cab and do miss it but the block might be worth trying something new.

Picked up some of the 17 guigal brune et blonde. Great wine at a great price.

That was fast. It’s already gone.

Full disclosure: I am a club member there and have had a box of that Block series, which I bought in an even better sale a few years ago. I suppose there are some pros and cons to getting the box. If you are interested in trying and comparing the 6 different bottles, go for it. There are 4 cabs from different blocks, I believe a petite Verdot, and then a blend of 20% from each of the first five. Could be kind of fun. I never tried the PV, which I gave to a friend who is still holding it. On the other hand, the 2013 Estate Reserve is listed at a slightly better price and if you liked it that much, you could replace it. Personally, I think the Estate Reserve is in most vintages their best wine, although Eloge can be pretty damned good with about 10 years of age.

For those in Atlanta Perrines has 2008 Taittinger Comtes for $174 per bottle

Going back to the well with Zachy’s… SAVE204U plus tax: Krug 06 for $205, Dom 08 Lenny for $145, 08 Comtes for $170… helps that shipping to DC is $12. Happy hunting

Zachys says SAVE204U is not valid.

Vin Chicago is selling 15L of AIX rose for $199. :joy:

Flatiron is doing 15% off any 6 or more bottles. BFCM15

I hoped to load up on some Champagne but they seem to be sold out of everything I was thinking about.

Zachys says SAVE204U is not valid.

Agree. Code did nothing to change the price.

If anyone knows of discounts for Macarthurs or Vinopolis, please let me know. Thanks in advance! Happy hunting!

Any more details of Empire State of Wine sale? Their site doesn’t mention anything about it.

It’s for new customers only. Use a new email address

The Macarthur list is at https://www.bassins.com/black_friday_2020.php.

About the only thing there that interested me was 2015 Thibault Liger-Belair Nuits St. Georges Les St. Georges for 99 bucks, a throwback price in a good vintage. But there is a cellartracker note or two about severe reduction and not showing well which is unusual for that wine.