Black cherry quality in a Blanc de Blanc Champagne...how?

2B9B3A0A-EC63-4868-8AEF-8F2B2AC93708.jpeg

The Toddfather has become an inFUencer!

1 Like

One would think two guys with noses like yours would actually pick up correct aromas. Sigh.

1 Like

They are clearly drawing in outside air during inhalation.

Todd - when you retaste it would be terrific if you could do blind or semi blind in a small flight of other BdB - or a large flight for that matter! And maybe with one or two friends who aren’t on this board (if that’s not a null set!) and aren’t aware of the issue.

Maybe something like this? Similar to rotundone in Syrah that literally provides its pepper profile?

“There are three main compounds which are responsible for the core flavour profile of cherries: benzaldehyde, linalool and eugenol.”
https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1082013203009001006?journalCode=fstc
Chardonnay musts stood out for having higher concentrations of benzaldehyde, phenylacetaldehyde and benzyl alcohol.

I definitely will buy this wine again (only had one bottle) and will re-taste. It was unique to me, obviously, and thus I thought the smartest move was public humiliation.

Never had anything like it in BdB

Do Monopole Crü members have access to a separate forum for extra public humiliation? If so I might upgrade.

1 Like

It actually sounds very intriguing. And a challenge to evaluate / score. Assume its bottle variation, would blind scores differ from non-blind? “Delicous, excellent. 85 pts.” That sort of thing. Brings up all the questions of preconceptions in wine.

Oh snap, that sounds fun!