Birth year wine

If my girl had been born two days later I could do the same with 2016; I’d be going ape on the Bdx…

… it feels like N. Rhone has passed me by, but every time I take a closer look I realize that’s really not the case; same with Burgundy, although I think there’s more truth to the notion there. For now, I’m focusing a lot on the Loire before all those prices go wacky, too. pileon

I think there’s value in very good burgundy vintages like 12 and 14 and perfectly good vintages like 13. Yes 15-16 jacked the prices, and I think 17 is overpriced but, there’s still deals imo.

Good marriage decision on your part!

I didn’t buy a lot for my children (2001,2003,2006). Maybe I put together a case each for them. But what I have for them (e.g Truchot, Douhin Musigny,Dujac, Conterno,Vatan,) has in some cases increased so much in price that I suppose they could just sell it and get a nice bit of money they could use for something else. Of course I will probably make them receiving it conditional on them drinking it with me. But one approach you could take could be to buy something that they could drink or sell if they have no interest in it. So buy something you expect to increase in value or at least retain it. And buy some extra of something that you could keep to share with them. That is kind of what I am doing I guess, since I am saving some wines from their birth years I plan to drink with them.

I’m planning to buy vintage port for my son (also born in 2017) when released.

Bought some Dönnhoff Hermannshöhle magnums for him and will add magnums of Barolo and Cote-Rotie in time.

For those born in off years would it be acceptable to claim conception year :wink: