Bird & The Bottle - wine list help needed

I’d do a local pinot and white as recommended. I’d never BYO with a new boss and co-workers.

1 Like

I’ve been in those limited budget business situations; I order something cheap (but not the cheapest, maybe 2nd or 3rd cheapest), and they always say “great choice” no matter how it drinks.

So no doubt you will get accolades for the thrifty approach for corkage from Bottle Barn.

What did you get? And did you like it?

I have done so and been heartily applauded for it. Of course, I work for a not for profit, and what I bring (from my cellar) couldn’t be touched on the budget.

It turned out my boss was totally into the idea of BYO, so no oddness there. I picked a dry German Riesling, an alto Piemonte, and (in deference to locale) a William Selyem Sonoma Coast. Everything showed well. I hated the William Selyem.

2 Likes

[rofl.gif]

I’m completely into BYO with the right people. Going to a dinner with new people, not knowing if the others are into wine/wine geeks can get a little weird.

I am shocked. Shocked! :wink:

Yeah, if I’m pulling from my cellar, it’s not for folks I don’t know. Plus, my tastes are 180 degrees from the average Californian.