Bird-related Wine Corks!

Gila, good to hear that the community is supporting your ardent love of the cork. Pretty cool that members are sending you corks for your cork collection. To get some cookies with corks is even better as I’m sure one works up an appetite playing with all those corks.

Keep it up!

1 Like

Thanks Bobby.It’s beyond gracious and generous, isn’t it?
The fun-est part is researching the wineries.
I should have mentioned the two corks.
Domaine Comte Georges de Vogue (France) Extra special, very coveted wine.
SAMI-ODI (Australia)
I have 60-something, now. Counting duplicates, probably 100. That’s heavy lifting! Candy is much appreciated!

Not quite what you collect, but you may find the idea cute…
[resizeableimage=816,612]http://jaewoojoo.cafe24.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/dml_wine-cork-bird-3.jpg[/resizeableimage]

1 Like

Upon closer inspection I find those to be terrifying.

This entire thread has my head spinning. The wine/bird correlation is very much real.

1 Like

1 Like

Chatea de Saint Cosme has a bird feather on the cork, does that count?

1 Like

Do owls count? I am pretty sure La Cuvee Mythique had an owl on their cork, although I tossed my corks long ago.

1 Like

wow! who knew there were so many wine corks with birds on them! WHY is this a thing? or is it just a fun coincidence? are there other common themes on corks that are not wine related? (sorry if i’m diving too deep into this). just completely fascinated now!

1 Like

While not strictly wine related, it seemed fitting to place this here:

Wife is found guilty of murdering her husband after the couple’s pet PARROT ‘outed her’ by repeating ‘don’t f***ing shoot’ in the victim’s voice

A woman has been found guilty of murdering her husband in a crime witnessed only by their pet parrot.

Glenna Duram, 49, was convicted of first-degree murder in a Michigan courtroom Wednesday over the death of her husband, 46-year-old Martin Duram.

1 Like

Oooooooh, thanks for the replies!!!

Barry… I love the cute stuff, too, like that! I rarely meet a bird-related cork I don’t like… my thanks!
YES!!! The BIRDZSZSZSZS!!
P.S. Your lady friend is gorgeous.

Senor Gilbane… the terrors and raptures of bird corks are not to be taken lightly. OR heavily. I don’t even know what I meant by that…

Robert, it does, yes!!! I am putting that on my wish-list! Anything bird-related…

Tim! Absolutely! On my wish-list, too. Thank you sincerely.

Alicia, I have no memory of how it started, for me… I just recall suddenly having a handfull and… thedn startsd searching. I have a 33-year-old pet parrot, and I love birds, and… and… and…

Oh, Corey!! Love that! Btw, who is the stunning personality in your avatar-spot, please???

Good to hear :slight_smile: Was a bit worried how the Tim Tams would travel. It sounds like they made it OK. Don’t forget to do the Tim Tam Slam!!

1 Like

Tim Tam SLAMMM, baby, oh yeah.
Well, I had set aside two for my brother to taste-test. He now has ONE to test, and possibly not even that by tomorrow.
You can get 'em in America now, via a few different routes. For those of you who haven’t partaken, they’re kinda like the well-known KitKat bar, but with extra rich chocolate flavor and a sort of honey-vanilla coating. Instantly addictive…
Thanks again, Dave, for corks and TimTams!

That’s none other than Ayn Rand. I loved the photograph, plus I thought it might be fun to celebrate a female philosopher. Basically, it came down to my current avatar or the below pic of Simone de Beauvoir and Jean-Paul Sartre:

[resizeableimage=600,400]http://theredlist.com/media/database/muses/couples/art_culture/jean-paul-sartre-et-simone-de-beauvoir/001_jean-paul-sartre-et-simone-de-beauvoir_theredlist.jpg[/resizeableimage]

Camus can do, but Sartre is smartre.

1 Like

I am completely enchanted.
Many thanks.
For some reason, I think my parrot would have adored her. That is at once a huge compliment and an uncertain criticism… much like from the reactions which wine my dear departed mother -in-law made in her basement, from dandelions.
It was divinely unholy.
It helped define heaven and hell.
I shall desist now lest I show my heathen upbringing.

Inventory!
With photos below…
Hugs&thanks to all of you who have contributed…
I finally got REALLY organized.
Only ONE remaining mystery… scroll downnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn…

I love Berserkers.
Cheers, y’all, for indulging my rather tangential wine-related obsession.

Domestic (USA)
Multiples
Ravenwood, 7 variations
Duckhorn, 2 variations
Hahn/RexGoliath, 5 variations
RdV, 2 variations
Renwood, 3 variations
Covey Run, 2 variations
Singles
Heron
GooseCross
Duck Pond
Goose Watch
Silver Decoy
Jones of Washington
Duck Walk
Hawk Crest
Winking Owl
Kestrel
Bogle
A Tribute to Grace
Wilde Farm Wines

Foreign (not USA), in no particular order
Multiples
Little Penguin (Australia) 4 variations
Domaine de la Mordoree (France) 6 variations
Chateau de Cantigrive (France) 2 variations
Banfi/Belnero (Italy) 2 variations
Singles
Varsanyi (Hungary)
Wolf Blass (Australia)
Lucky Duck (Australia)
Black Swan (Australia)
Kanu (S. Africa)
Kanu Kia-Ora Noble Late Harvest 2013
Gerzinic (Croatia)
Varga (Hungary)
Cave de Voleto (Italy)
Chateau La Becasse (France)
Cockatoo Ridge (Australia)
Turkey Flat (Australia)
Castiglion di Sicilia (Sicily)
Stobi (Macedonia)
Uccelliera/Montalcino (Italy)
Red Tail Ridge (Canada)
Sorentberg (Germany)
Domaine Comte Georges de Vogue (France)
SAMI-ODI (Australia)

Mysteries (1)

Duplicates (Various)

DomesticMultiples

DomesticSingles

ForeignMultiples

ForeignSingles

Duplicates

Mystery(ies)

My basket o’ corks!

Looking at those photos, it struck me that this bird cork thing has served you well as a reason to open a lot of bottles.

I’m thinking maybe I might start my own “Mise en bouteille à la propriété” collection. Less compelling visually, to be sure, but still a very useful rationale, no?

1 Like

John, I couldn’t agree more. It’s all about the corks, right? Right!

And I applaud your “strategery” in choosing your cork theme. [worship.gif] If you don’t find enough, you could always expand your collection to corks made of… cork!!!

Hello, friends, from an inveterate lurker and occasional drop-in to pursue my passion of collecting bird-related wine corks. I have some 60 (unique) and have identified all but this mystery. I’ve posted it before (no luck) so I thought I’d check in to see if anybody has recalled or run into it, or has any clues. A friend found it in a collection of corks in an antique/vintage store…
And thanks, always and forever, to all who have contributed to my collection!

Still lurking and learning…
Hey, can somebody help me, please?
I would love to add a SCREAMING EAGLE WINERY bird cork to my eccentric little collection, but…
I’m loathe to invest in a bottle (or even an ‘empty’, selling on eBay for 1-200 bucks) until I know that the cork does in fact have a logo or label that’s bird-related. Surely it is! Right? Right???
Does somebody know?

1 Like