Biggio Hamina - Berserker Day

I think they are a nice exercise in cool climate Syrah. Render some fat or get a triple cream cheese and you will have a nice foil.

Thanks to everyone!

The offer is closed.

There are a couple handfuls of you that I still need to ship your wines. Odd year in that I am here and it is too cold, or I’m gone and the weather is great. I will be back from this next trip on the 10th. Will contact the remainder of you and get things moving. Thanks.

• 2008 Biggio Hamina Cellars Syrah/Viognier XIV Deux Vert - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Yamhill-Carlton (11/25/2017)
    Dark ruby with a stony mineral nose. Dry brambles, cane pith tannins, medium body, somewhat restrained fruit. Lightly tart cranberries, pomegranate and tart cherries with a hint of lemon zest, forest notes of balsam, sorrel and not quite ripe Himalayan blackberries. Very enjoyable with going on ten years from vintage with many years of life ahead. Not your typical CA or WA fruit forward Syrah, but offers plenty of enjoyment for the cool climate crowd. (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker
Finally picked this up along with an additional Holiday Sale case.

• 2012 Biggio Hamina Cellars Pinot Noir Zenith Vineyard - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Eola - Amity Hills (12/8/2017)
    Medium ruby, light violets aroma. Tart red berry, dry with medium fruit and body, more cool climate and restrained than the warm vintage would indicate. Ripe strawberries along with some tart cherries, red currants, huckleberries and a little rhubarb with cane pith tannins. Drinking nicely now for the AFWE bunch. Silky mouth feel with some steely mineral and forest notes adding to the complexity in a subtle way that grows on you and you just want another sip. A terrific food wine as well as a solo sipper. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker