“Bigger, Bolder” Oregon Pinots

Yes, it’s not a style of Pinot Noir that I prefer, but the wines impress me too. The prices, on the other hand… [wow.gif] Well, I guess the prices are impressive considering apparently the wines sell. I haven’t had anything else like those wines, so I understand some people having to have them. I think the Brittan wines are equally distinctive and also impressive. They’re big too, but a totally different style from that of Antica Terra.

Bingo! I think of Shea vineyard as a little slice of California, located in Oregon.

This is a tough one, its harder to generalize here. It really depends on the wine, vintage, and individuals definition of big and bold. I would agree with Antica Terra (Lillian bonus is a great idea), Maggie and the wines are great. As for Shea I think those wines, and Yamhill in general, have a “bigger style” reputation, but there are exceptions to every reputation (we hope!).

I agree with the Shea recommendation. The Beaux Freres that I’ve had I wouldn’t put in the big category however.

I don’t know, Travis, IMO Colene Clemens doesn’t fit the bill for what the OP is seeking.