Best Quarantine Wines

Been trying to open wines I’ve been hoarding. Best so far, 1996 Jadot Chambertin, 1976 d’Yquem, and DR L70 tawny Port. 1982 Mouton and 1834 Barbeito Malvasia have been second tier.

Haha, all the wines were opened with the same person! Granted wouldn’t have bought Cheval Blanc but for someone :slight_smile:

Two wonderful domestic Chards. 2012 Rhys Alpine and tonight 2013 Walter Scott Vojtilla. More like Chassagne Montrachet than the Puligny Montrachet Rhys. Drink now and the next couple of years.

The highlights

2010 Cayuse Cailloux (I’m coming to the conclusion that Cayuse need the 10 year rule to show their elegance and calm the funk)
2010 Dauvissat Foret (In a perfect spot for me, lovely crystalline fruit with slicing acidity)
2013 Cotat Sancerre Caillottes (this has been the great surprise of quarantine drinking - just awesome)
2014 Raveneau Chablis (“Age your Raveneau” gets less urgent in a pandemic…this was great, serious white wine)
1985 Leoville Barton (Easter Sunday wine, a terrific bottle, aging beautifully but with plenty of life left).

F6A2F443-BC57-4679-8A5B-C05C3649D18B.jpeg

2016 Hudelot-Noellat Vougeot 1er Cru Les Petits Vougeot
2016 Wind Gap Grenache Old Vine Sceales Vineyard (not thought provoking but a semi-carbonic Grenache was a refreshing treat)
2018 Goodfellow Chardonnay Whistling Ridge
2015 Caves Cooperatives de Donnas Donnas nebbiolo (which I’d gladly put up against Barolo and Barbaresco at twice the price)