Best QPR California rose

Michael

It will be interesting indeed. Being a short crop, I did not get in the same amount of fruit that I use for my Mourvedre Rose as I have in the past. Instead of blending other stuff in, I ‘stuck to my guns’ and did the same process I’ve done for the past four years - foot stomp the grapes, give them an hour of skin contact, then direct press.

My yields were down about 33%, leading to about that much of a fall in production of my Rose. I’m bummed because I’m confident that my 2015 will be as good if not better than any that I’ve produced, but I just won’t have as much to go around.

And I’m sure my story is similar across the board. With certain varieties, yields were way off, so folks making Syrah rose, for instance, most likely had a much more pronounced decrease in yields than I did.

Curious to hear from other winemakers about volumes for 2015 . . .

Wow . . .

Demetria Grenache Rose

Stolpman can be delish, but varies year/year

Thanks for the mention Lee.

The batch that you have had is almost gone. There 4-5 cases left and they are all labeled as NV Humboldt Pinot Noir, not as they should be NV Humboldt Rosé of Pinot Noir.

I am willing to offer them at a substantial discount in 6 bottle lots. Probably not supposed to sell stuff here, so I will post offer on my Berserker Business Listing later today. Or, PM or email: andrew@bricelandvineyards.com

Pine Ridge Encantado Rosé - just laid in a case @ just under $250 shipped.

Made in soingée from Merlot and Cab Sauv, bottled in December.

With so many great options, sadly this is starting to involve shipping costs as a deciding factor.

Currently, my leader is Bedrock with the $25 flat rate option and the Ode to Lulu Rose @ $19. It’s on the high end of what I’d like to pay, but looks to be at the lower end of the $18-35 I’ve seen for many roses from sonoma.

Any other ideas? Ideally somewhere with free shipping on a case…

I’m in for 6. Great CS from Andrew

I’m not sure what each of these retails for by the case, but this may help :slight_smile: All from FallTacular last week.

"2015 Kutch Rose of Pinot Noir

raspberry, watermelon and a touch of smoke in the snoot. The right way to start my day, terrific acidity and wake-you-up currant."

"2015 Liquid Farm Rose

Fragrant–strawberry and watermelon sorbet. Usual strict but balanced delivery on the tongue, good cherry and currant/raspberry mix."

"2015 Tercero Mourvedre Rose

Some watermelon, but also glazes of the earth and smoke and funk of mourvedre. A fun combination. And oh my! This is great. Rhubarb and cranberry and snappiest raspberry. Anyone who wants to have something something in their Rose can come here and get it. #9"

"2014 Attune Pinot Noir Rose

Raspberry and some crabapple scents. This is refreshing (perhaps in part because of when I tasted it), but has freshwater feel with watermelon and sweeter raspberry. A like."

Liquid Farm

Ended up with a 1/2 case of Briceland Rose of Pinot Noir. The combination of customer service and a convincing rose were too much! I’ll report back.

Thanks Andrew!!

Mr Grammer, those notes are fun and informative! I will be exploring more domestic Rosé wines this summer.

Another vote for the Cep Rose. It’s a really good Pinot Noir Rose. I opened my last bottle of 2012 recently, and it was fantastic. Kind of made we wish I had another bottle or two to age and see what it was like at 7-10 years

This only proves Lancers and Mateus were ahead of their time :slight_smile: