Best online retailer

It’s the exorbitant fees that I mind; exuberance is fine.
alan

+1 and only about a half-hour drive for me!

Lorenzo,

I have purchased from pretty much everyone and I think the general rule of thumb is that it depends. On any one day, even the most expensive retailer could have a special that makes them the best price for a day. As long as they can actually deliver on that product, then it works. I find that I buy most of my non-auction wine from JJ Buckley and Wine Library (Ian). Buckley has very good pricing and good inventory (even online) of not just everyday goods but also high-end, older wines. Wine Library is very good for current release, but weaker when it comes to aged wines. Ian can usually get you what you need. Crush is excellent for Champagne, though not always the best price. MacArthurs in DC is good for CA, one of the few retailers that does CA futures. I have had good experiences with Beltramos, Grapes, Wine House, K&L, Acker Retail (Jason), BP, Benchmark and RL Liquid Assets. I won’t buy from Woodland Hills because they screwed me on some DRC. I will not buy anything from PremierCru unless it is stock. They are notorious for taking your money today and not delivering the goods until way past Tuesday. I am still waiting on my '05 Margaux 750’s from them and they make no apologies for the delay. The streets are flooded in '05 Margaux, yet they still have not got their shipment yet? I almost never buy from Sherry Lehman. I do buy some retail from Zachy’s, but only when they have specials. I have scored some great deals from them, but they are not easy to find. Their inventory is great but their everyday pricing is high and even their sale pricing is usually high, but now and then they have deal. Most of my auction purchases are from Zachy’s, followed by Acker and HDH.

Regards,

Jon

K&L gets the lion’s share of my online wine money.

L.A. Wine Company pretty much gets the rest.

If I lived in OC, Wine Exchange would get a lot, too.

Like Yoni, I avoid the K&L website because my willpower sucks. [suicide.gif]

I see some buys on his site but he can’t ship to my home or “mule” site (NH).

I have used and enjoyed K&L for years but I even like TCWC in Chicago at least as much. Their web site is not as interactive as K&L, but their quality control and Pete Duffy’s hands on insistence of customer satisfaction can’t be beat. They won’t ship unless they consider it safe. You don’t have to worry about the weather.
I have recently also sent much of my business to JB Buckley. My experiences there have been great but I have read that others do not have the same satisfaction.

New Hampshire is an easy state to ship to, you just need the permit from the state…and charge the customer the 8% fee that the state collects…

I hope all states adopt NH’s smart policy. Then no one complains, as the state collects the “tax.”

I guess Max can’t be bothered with the “paper work” neener .

I see you ship to NH and Dave Walker visits you from time to time. I just need to see a good deal on your site first. neener

Congrats to the J-E-T-S. I would like to see an AFC East team in the SB.

Road trip ! [wink.gif]

He can’t ship to MD either. Fortunately DC is possible…

Bob

Our good deals on our email list…signup! neener

OK. Done.

I’m sure Daniel would be happy to pick up your stuff from Max and ship it to you.

[rofl.gif]

Ken,

Sounds like a three tier system to me [soap.gif]

I would encourage those of you in NH to send your favorite retailers the info I have provided.

Another vote for K&L.

David [drinkers.gif]

Just got my first email from Dan…OK, now those are better deals. [thumbs-up.gif]

Any one that will ship to Texas but there aren’t many nowadays.

We actually just found a fullfillment center that will ship to all 50 states and they weren’t out of sight on shipping costs, a little more than the standard shippers but worth being able to ship anywhere.

Thanks, mi amigo…

He’s had some smoking deals lately. I purposely slept on the Clos des Papes Blanc offer… and lost. Which is what I needed, but not wanted.