Best online retailer to buy 375ml splits?

If you can believe it, Zachys has a once a year half bottle sale where you can get amazing deals. Cannot remember what time of year they do it though.

Interesting. Never really thought about it but 375s would be more apt to heat damage than a 750. Thanks for posting that!

Cool. Does anyone else now the general timing of this event?

Thanks for the info, I’ll be looking for it.

I hardly ever purchase half bottles, any feedback on the likelihood of them being heat damaged compared to a 750?

Yikes. How did they handle the situation?

Premier Cru has a nice selection. In stock to boot!

Halfwit wines has a huge selection but their markup is horrible. There are many 375’s that I can get a 750ml for only a few dollars more than their price. So when you factor in that the ONLY time I see things of being a “value” on their site is when they have sale wines…and they exclude sale wines from free shipping…it’s a deal breaker to me. The really sad thing is…if they’d ship to my state (other retailers do) then I’d think more about using them. I really do prefer half bottles. But I’m not going to pay $78 for a half bottle of Tignanello when I can get a full 750ml for $75. Maybe these markups make sense to someone, somewere…but in todays internet age…I would think someone has to be aware and things like this wouldn’t fly.

In a similar situation with a pregnant wife, Coravin has changed everything. I used to use leftover Perrier bottles, which worked quite well but nothing like the Coravin. Better to drink what you have then purchase more I think. Otherwise would agree with Posner for 375s. He may have more than the site implies, have to email him.

Artisan Wine Depot in Mountain View, CA http://www.artisanwinedepot.com/ has a large selection of Champagne half bottles.

Paul

Only two ways to buy 375ml…closeout and en primeur. Otherwise drink 750ml. Love that people think they should be 1/2 of a 750ml price wise, yet cost the same to produce.

I don’t buy 375’s for a cost savings. I buy them because there are times when I only want a little and it may be days before I could finish a 750. I don’t have a Coravin (yet), so a 375 makes perfect sense.
The best ones for me are winery direct. I rarely have a cork issue with these and the pricing makes sense. My two favorite options are Novy and Jaffurs, though Morgan makes some 375 options as well.

Saratoga Wine has a large selection. I popped over there just now, searched for “375ml” and got 677 returns. Some of those will be liquor, of course, but most are wine. If I recall correctly from a previous search, they are particularly strong in Riojas and Southern Rhones…probably a lot of champagnes too.

I completely understand when splits are more expensive than 1/2 of a 750ml…one more bottle and one more cork.

But that certainly falls apart when magnums are more expensive than 2x 750ml!