Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping

LEFTOVERS20 worked for $20/ off $50 on WDC
(I combined with 20% RMN cashback)
:grinning:

1 Like

Is it worth it to try and compile the most recent “active” WDC codes since Jin has apparently abandoned us?

I’m not the best resource because most codes work for me since I had not purchased from WDC since the 30% cash back frenzy.

I figure codes of 20% or higher discount would be solid ones to list. Here are some that currently work for me:

LEFTOVERS20 $20 off $50
20NB22 $20 off $50
20SH22 $20 off $50
NFSM22M $20 off $75 (still works for me even though its apparently an old one)

Note: GRATEFUL10 mentioned in the thread for $30 off $150 did not work…

Any other solid codes floating around people want to share?

2 Likes

SCH50 Is still active for $50 off $250

1 Like

NFSM22M for $20 off $75 instead of $20 off $50 for me.

3 Likes

I finally got some 30% Capital One action. First I received an email for 30% off for a 2015 Les Carmes Haut Brion that I did not act on as it ended in .97.
Today I got an email for wine.com 30% off with no qualifications. I used a 50 of 300 for a $310 218 Dominus.

Will they pay the full $93 or limit it at $50?
They pay in gift certificates? What kind? How does on receive them?

Also the offer still seems active after this purchase.
This could get very expensive but these are the stacking opportunities that we are always seeking out.

Am I missing anything? Seems too good to be true.
Any other must buys while I have the opportunity?

1 Like

You are correct. I amended my original post.

5 Likes

I believe you can still be rewarded cash back for purchases of items ending in .97. You just can’t apply the promo codes (e.g 50 off 300) to them.

Also, it doesn’t matter if you buy the specific item that is offered to you in your personalized deals. You can click on the offer, activate the 30%, and then buy anything you want.

I haven’t gotten to the point of redeeming the rewards yet, but others have. I haven’t been able to find a comprehensive list of the retailers whose gift cards can be redeemed. I think it includes Lowe’s, Walmart, and EBay.

4 Likes

I guess to know stores they offer gifts cards for us important.
If it was Amazon it would be a no brainer.
I haven’t received further contact from them yet to determine what the reward actually consists of.

2 Likes

Yea, im waiting to see what the gift cards are. Walmart would be useful even though i dont actively shop there.

1 Like

No Amazon.

Looks like you can take a look at the redemption options at: Sign In | Capital One Shopping

3 Likes

There are plenty of gift card seller sites. You take a small haircut on the price and get cash in return.

A very convenient option if none of the Cap1 shopping redemptions are your bag.

As an example, you could take your $500 Home Depot gift card and get $432.50 in cash. You could do worse than 86.5% cash back.

1 Like

Lowes and Home Depot are no brainers for me.

1 Like

It isn’t hard to look up

You can also go to Home Depot and buy a Visa gift card with a Home Depot gift card (you only have to pay the $5 activation fee), so you’d get $495 from $500 and can spend that anywhere.

4 Likes

how to buy visa gift card with home depot gift card? Local retail store or homedepot.com?

Rakuten 20% cashback, history high.

2 Likes

Starting on 11/24, all liquor on WDC was changed so that the price ends in .97 or .98 so that the promo codes no longer work.

1 Like

There doesn’t seem to be any limit other than $500 cash back per transaction. They seem to calculate the cash back as 30% * (pre tax, pre-coupon purchase price - “stewardship savings”). So if you use a 50/300 on a $300 purchase with say $30 shipping savings, you’d get $81 cash back (0.30 * $270).

It does seem too good to be true but I’ve had my first few orders credited fully now and bought and used a Walmart gift card. Honestly what I’m struggling with is, is there any reason not to be buying tons of quality wine to cellar? Even with WDC’s 10% coupons which are always available, throw in some Raise savings and you’re getting at least 40% off. While a lot of WDC is way overpriced, there’s tons of great wine (particularly Bordeaux where they seem most competitive) at or within 10-15% of the online lows, so you’re getting 25-30+% better than anywhere else, and who knows how long it lasts.

2 Likes

The Rare Wine Company just sent out an emailer with an offer for the Durand at $135.

Quite a deal, grabbed another.

5 Likes

goddamn…even with an Amex offer i cant find anything worthwhile.

id end up buying a bottle of mezcal i guess.