Best American Riesling

Agreed. FLX has a fairly long history (relatively) in terms of Riesling. Dr. Konstantin Frank and Wiemer are some of my favorite domestic Rieslings, though I have had a couple from Washington that weren’t too bad.

Trisaetum, then Brooks. But Brooks likes their petrol, and I like to taste fruit, not gasoline.

I’ve really enjoyed Tatomer from Santa Barbara – dry, racy rieslings that had a nice energy to them. Not sure about “best” but definitely excellent for the price range (mid 20s to 30s).

I use to drink and liked the Rieslings from Belle Pente.

I’ve liked Trisaetum in the past. I would not turn up my nose to Chateau Ste. Michelle’s Dry bottling either - it would be interesting to see how it would fare in a blind tasting.

Stony Hill

Belle Pente and Brooks.

For me it is Ravines Argetsinger Vineyard.

Another Paetra vote here - Bill Hooper is a member here and a very thoughtful winemaker.

This is the phonetically correct way of pronouncing it (if you are from New Zealand that is)!

I believe that Clayton has a Kiwi background and was just letting a little bit of Noo Zillin speak slip in neener

Depends on where the Funger has been!!

This is so patronizingly West Coast.

Idiot’s Grace Riesling from Memaloose in the Gorge is nice and dry.

Smith Madrone is the benchmark imo.

+1. Since 1948.

I would say: Ravines Argetsinger vineyard, Boundary Breaks Ovid Line North. As for ones on the rise, i would go with the Forge Cellars Rieslings and Keuka Lake Vineyards single vineyards.

oops, i just saw the clarification that it was for west coat wines. Can’t help there.

This is what immediately popped into my head.

Misspelling on funger aside… I actually meant Weimer for top pick. Dr Frank is fine but Weimer was the best when I visited many years ago.

Yes when you think of it Funger is the perfect combination of the vowel pronounciation of my home country (NZ) with the approach to phonetic spelling of my adopted home (USA).

Hermman J Weimer dry reserve Riesling
Stony Hill