Berserkers Exclusive - A Superb Cote Rotie for a Song...and a Dance

Yummy White Merlot? [wow.gif]

Does that come with a foil hat and a guitar lesson?

Not sure if it comes with a hat, guitar, or denim shorts but I’ll make sure I BLOG ABOUT IT.

You won’t back down?

[rofl.gif] [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif]

Now, Jack, if you have not tasted Ghost Horse, you do not know what you are missing.

In all seriousness, the wine I brought to the GH OL, the 2005 Napa, was $500. It blew away many many many other Napa Cabs that sell for $200 to $400. If (REPEAT IF) I was spending $400 on Grace or Harlan or whatever, I would put up the extra hundy and buy the GH.

Now back to the jean shorts…

I keep waiting for Max and /or Daniel to do a ‘Berserkers Exclusive’ with some great red Burgundy. But nope. Nothing. No love for Burgundy. Hey guys, how about '99 La Tache for $666.66?

Hey Todd can you do something about these kids hijacking a Commerce Corner thread? :smiley:

Max,

Did you forget to tell me something earlier today when I picked up my 3 Vielle Cure? [diablo.gif]

I’m guessing that most/all of you have never been to Max’s store. Oh my! Considering Pound Ridge NY is just a little further than far away (almost middle of nowhere) [rofl.gif] , he has some freakin store. I’d say 10x’s larger than Grapes, and half the size of Zachys. If anyone is every up that way (no public transportation to speak of), this shop is a must see. In size only, it’s beautiful. The bins are custom, the type you see in some persons 10,000 bottle cellar.

Nice meeting you today. [cheers.gif]

Leo and Brad the rad have been trying to get me back to Nueva York for years. I have not been there since 2000. I may have to make the looooooooooooong trek up to Pound Ridge and play a little Fender axe with my man Max one day soon.

Jack,

You say when and I bust out the red carpet. Plenty of guitars, amps and great wine here. Get going already.

Dan,

Great meeting you today and thanks for coming up. Sorry I didn’t mention the Cote Rotie…lack of sleep I guess :slight_smile:

Best,

Wow, sounds just like my house Max. [friends.gif]

Dan

I think that by square footage, Grapes TWC and Wine Connection are about the same, but Max may know differently. Unless you refer to the old Grapes, that hole in the wall abomination that we blew up. Although Max’s old place was small as well.

We did use wine racking competitors. I am partial to mine. So is Max :wink:

Max, you sell out of this stuff, yet? How much is C&E camped out on?

Yep. Just like a blind tasting, the work of the artist looked familiar. :wink:

FYI, from what I remember, his old store was small too.

Another great deal; thanks Max! Bought a case [cheers.gif]

I’m in…just placed an order.

Just grabed a 3 pack.
Thanks Max.

I took the ride over to Max’ store today to pick up my 6pack of Duclaux. I HIGHLY recommend folks to take the ride and go see this store. If you are a Bordeaux fan, you will think you’ve died and gone to heaven. I’ve never seen so much wine in one place. The store itself is beautiful too. Max is a great guy to hang and shoot the shit with too. I’ll be back soon.

Always a pleasure Mark and thanks for taking the ride out to the country! It was great to see you and hear some good stories.