Berserkerday in Cellartracker

Organizing this might require the expertise of a professional cat herder.

1SmgLtg1Izw

I’ve been listing Berserker Day as the store since my first BD in 2011.

That’s what they said about the original Hospices Auction Group, and I still have 77 bottles from herding those cats. How about if Todd just “declares” the right answer by executive fiat and we follow along.

One of the great Super Bowl ads of all time.

I used “Wine Berserkers” in the Purchase Note field.

Hey guys, a little thread drift but this is the best audience for this topic. I had an idea to make entering BD wines into CT. There are really two approaches followed by a sample offer with each idea, no reason not to use both.

1. Hotlink every wine listed in the offer to CT wine detail page (Red links)
  2. Create a link to a wishlist in CT that list all the wines in the offer and just add from there (green link). By default would could have this at the lower left hand corner of every offer.

Test it out, what do you think?

Larry Terecero’s Amazing BerserkerDay Offer
I have a BD offer for my swill made with the finest wood chips and megapurple by the gallons, 100% discount and you pay $125 in shipping.

Offer White Lightening

CellarTracker QuickAdd - White Lightening

I really like the idea, Brig. Maybe Todd can encourage those making offers to create such links next year in their offers. It’s helpful for two reasons - one is it’s faster to see what folks have to say about the wine and, two, as you show it makes adding the wine to your cellar one step easier.

(FWIW, it’s not clear to me what the difference between the red and green links are - either lets you add the wine to your cellar.)

Green link is sexy and more work, a lot more, which can not be done by the wineries.

I agree, just hot linking would do the trick. I could write a “how to” with screen shots for the wineries to do it themselves. And I always end up mopping a bunch of offers up with people that aren’t forum tech savvy, I could just stick in the hot links and they’d have no idea

I suggested this a couple years go to Eric and his team as an add on for stores or wineries.

That CT thread was what got me thinking “how can we do this ourselves”.

Your idea would take it to another level. Have the winery send a link that has ALL the detail of the order already preloaded like price, qty, store, etc and then you click on it and it automatically creates the pending.

I thought purchase notes were private. Is that not true?

^ They’re visible to whomever can see your cellar.

Cool. Thanks Andrew. [cheers.gif]