BerserkerDay 14 Master Thread/FAQ - our 14th Event! Jan 27, 2023

For that you need to get out of the posts within the thread and go to the main listing. Just click on the Top Thread topic (BeserkerDay 14 - January 27, 2023)

There will be a New Topic button there for this BeserkerDay 14 - January 27, 2023 listing.
For other listing, like Wine Talk, you will need to get to the listings for that and use the New Topic button for that list.

2 Likes

So simple, after explained.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I’ll give a shout out to Nicole. Last year was by first Berserker Day, and one of the “fliers” that I bought into unknown was the 2015-2018 Cabernet Pfeffer vertical last year. Loved the 2015, enjoyed the 2016, gave the 2017 to Erika @ Domaine DC, and am still holding the 2018.

Very interesting wines and exactly the type of unusual wine that newbies should look for in these offering. I’ll be purchasing again this year, despite my reluctance to buy more wine.

Shout out to Chiron, Reichwage, and Theopolis too. They were similar “I don’t know these producers - let’s try them” purchases that provided enjoyment over the last year… and I’m still holding on to some too!

5 Likes

I wish I’d bought more BD last year. I did get Vincent, Suzor and a few others, but missed out on a lot of good stuff as I was so busy. I’m hoping this year to get in on some more stuff, although my wife has threatened divorce if I buy any wine. For sure need to hit at least 10 producers I like or more and try some new stuff!

1 Like

I’m with you - there are so many sellers who have done multiple BerserkerDays and I have NO clue what their wine is like. I have no time to check through the listings, so I miss out on the offers. I always like to try at least 4-5 new ones each year, but when we have a quantity like we do this year, so many get missed.

3 Likes

Thanks Rick! Really happy you enjoyed the Cabernet Pfeffer. The 2017 is my favorite, so I hope Erika enjoyed it:) I think the 2019 Old Vine/Young Vine I’m offering this year is really interesting to compare side by side.
Happy Berserker Day,
Nicole

1 Like

Anyone else feel like it’s Christmas Eve?? I think I’m more excited to buy wine than to sell it!!! SO many offers from cool people.

2 Likes

When do we open the bottles? Friday around 1pm? Bubbles I assume!

2 Likes

I woke up 2 hours before my alarm lol

3 Likes

Are you awake yet?

1 Like

Getting antsy for sure

3 Likes

Exactly…like I am already anticipating looking at the 100+ offers, seeing 50+ that I want to buy, but realizing that there is no way I can buy that much wine (I already have enough wine to float a battleship, and my budget won’t allow that!) but getting that FOMO feeling that I really need to buy THAT WINE because it just sounds so perfect for my palate and the deal is really good…

2 Likes

Getting really close!! Preview day alone is more than worth the cost of Grand Cru - any newbies I would jump on it now!

Will there be a separate thread or a link for preview day or it will continue here? Thank you.

There will be a separate thread

3 Likes

@ToddFrench Is there a distribution of when the offers will be released? I had major FOMO/itchy trigger finger last year and did not realize you were West Coast so the offers kept coming. But I seemed to do more spending in the ET morning hours. Need to pace myself this year.

1 Like

is the preview thread usually posted the same time (7:30amPT)?

I too was a newbie last year and enjoyed sharing the Cab P. Also loved the vermentino. Glad to hear SER is in BD14. Should be a great day!

Is it 7:30 yet lol