BerserkerDay 10 (as featured in Forbes!) Master Thread - MASSIVE RECORDS SET!!!

Do we have a list of participants yet?

First post updated with a few more details

I hoping for some .375’s this year…hint hint

Now that is the funniest thing I have read (and hopeful it is the truth as well)… champagne.gif

My man. [cheers.gif]

Anyone hitting up Envoyer? I’m sure they’d be willing to take part - based on how much $$$$ those on the board give to them, no?

Cheers

Done.

I’m looking out my office window into the Envoyer parking lot. Seriously. [cheers.gif]

I’ll walk in there tomorrow and have a little talk.

And while you’re there, see if you can hit em up for a donation to Falltacular as well - a Mag or 2 would raise some serious $$$

Cheers!

It will be time to welcome all the newcomers, as Forbes’ article just launched, with a hyperlink to this forum!

Welcome, all!

More information to come, and bookmark this forum so that you can join the madness when it launches on BerserkerDay!

Great. Just what I needed. More competition [winner.gif]

Looking forward to this years Berserker day, can’t wait!

Awesome story.

Jeff Nelson, proprietor of Liquid Farm winery, is living proof of French’s assessment. According to Nelson, BerserkerDay has been critical to his winery’s growth. Nelson garnered a small following in Los Angeles for his Chardonnay and Rose but he credits WineBerserkers with launching his winery brand. “Wine Berserkers really built our business from the beginning. Customers of ours who were also Berserker members spread the word about our wines across the country and opened up new business for us beyond L.A. They recommended our wines, and people paid attention.” Beyond the word of mouth via WineBerserkers members, Liquid Farm’s sales from their first BerserkerDay in 2012 accounted for 80% of their total business. The profit also allowed them to pay grape bills and avoid having to take on investors. With their legendary BerserkerDay offers, Liquid Farm has swelled their customer base and mailing list and has grown production from 100 cases to 5,000 cases.

French likes the idea of sharing amazing deals with the community but he is most proud of the fact that Berserkers members have the opportunity to form lasting permanent relationships with winemakers. After all, that’s what wine is all about --getting people together.

From 100 to 5000 cases?! Dayam!

[berserker.gif]

Bravo Todd!!! Great article and great explanation of what makes WB amazing!

We aren’t all dick and fart jokes!

The upcoming BerserkerDay prompted some scary CellarTracker data crunching. I found that I purchased a total of 405 bottles from at least 35 different producers from BD V through IX. More important, though, is that after consuming 64 of those bottles I can report that I’m routinely thrilled with both the quality and value of my BD acquisitions. In some years my average price was well under $30/bottle and has never been more than $37 (and that even with some George III and Tench vineyard Cabs), so there really is something for almost any budget. Money talks, so perhaps the best proof of the quality and value is that I’ve purchased more than 200 bottles from BerserkerDay producers separate from their BD offerings, meaning that the wines are good enough to keep me coming back for more.

BerserkerDay is a wonderful day of discovery of new wines, regions, and people and for building new relationships and renewing old ones. I encourage everyone to try at least one producer that is new to them this year. You never know what new find will become an old standby that you will follow year after year.

As a BD veteran, I’ve found that the best way to manage the mayhem is to become a Grand Cru Crü member. My strategy is to use the Preview Day and Early Purchase Offers to prepare a spreadsheet outlining everything I want to buy. It is much easier to budget and plan when you can review the offers in advance instead of having to react to them as they appear (though I still haven’t figured out a way to completely avoid at least one or two impulse buys in the excitement of the actual event). Remember, these are mostly small producers, so quantities are limited and I’ve seen in recent years that some wines offered by BerserkerBusiness members get sold out to Grand Cru Crü members as Early Purchase Offers and never make it to the actual BerserkerDay event.

If you want some insight into wines being offered, the “Has Anyone Been Drinking BerserkerDay Wines Lately?” thread is a good resource, as are the forums from past years. Looking at the forums from the past few BDs will give you an idea of how things look once the dust has settled. While my past excessive exuberance means that I will be more of a spectator than a participant this year while I try to work through more of the great BD wines in my cellar to clear space for more, I’ll still be following it all day and am as giddy as a kid on Christmas Eve in anticipation of the excitement to come.

And here, friends, is what the BerserkerDay All Pro has to say. Heed his expert words.

Quitter!!!

[berserker.gif]

BerserkerDay virgin. Comes about a week after Aubert offering but why not? :slight_smile: