Bern's Reservation Question

Nobody goes there any more. It’s too crowded.

I’m another who has had very good experiences with some of their 80’s cru boos, as well as some of the 80’s german rieslings still available - both on multiple occasions over the past several years. Are they transcendent wines? No. But there’s practically nowhere on earth where you’ll find such aged gems at such crazy good prices.

Apologies I did not do a great job of expressing that this is part of my personal strategy for Berns - I agree lots of those wines are fun and definitely worth the money. I have been to Berns well over 50x and tried many of them. These days I would rather drink wines that have the potential to be transcendent wines. I think the strength of Berns is their old Bordeaux and that is where I focus these days. It is also a type of wine I rarely get to drink in any other setting.

I think the strength of Berns has always been their mature Bordeaux and Burgundies. The better Bordeaux lasted longer than the better Burgundies. I would love to see your lifetime spend on 50+ visits. Then again it might be too much of a shock [wow.gif]

I like to think of it in terms of the money I have saved!

YES, think of the MILLIONS of dollars Bern’s has collectively saved its happy patrons! This is the ultimate place for wine shopper math. : )