Bergen and Oslo recs

Will let you know where we do dinner on Monday night. I get in late Sunday (21:00), Monday is planned by the local team and I opted for the hotel restaurant on Tuesday based on the wine cellar note above and the fact that this particular place is on the edge of civilization. I need to get back to Oslo during the summer, instead of all this winter nonsense.

Back in Oslo visiting the local office again. Had a group dinner at Festningen last night and was very impressed. The view, which looks back across the water/harbor, reminded me of Palisade in Seattle and the meat… was spot on. Again, everything was presented family style, but I’d love to go back and destroy their wine list while gorging on chunks of meat. Would love to hear from one of the locals if they’ve been for a normal dinner.

Couple of pics from dinner below. Other note - the restaurant was a prison at one point in time, which was a fun story.

I have one night in Oslo in a couple of weeks, on the way back to the States after Faviken. We booked Kolonialen. Please tell me whether to keep it or suggest a replacement. We figured a bistro-like vibe would be a good idea since Faviken will have been such an ordeal the night before. We’re staying at The Thief hotel if that helps.

Kolonialen is a fine choice.

Thanks. We had a great time! Very welcoming crew, good list, and excellent food. Definitely recommended.