Benchmark/Cellartracker Selling Process

I sold six cases of wine. Gross amount was $4,500. They paid half the shipping. I provided boxes. I shipped straight from Wine Bank to them. Seemless and a good transaction. As with almost any arms length sale, I felt decent value and I imagine they did too. I’d do business with them again. Now, that said, if you are trying to maximize your sales price and don’t mind the hassle, then other avenues may provide you with a higher sales price. Erik and BWG simply made this easy. Check came in the mail within a week of them receiving the wine.

Just curious: what percentage of retail/WS best price did you realize? Or did you not calculate that

I did make that calculation. Received 15k instead of 18k, but felt that was fair. These were all collectible bottles, including some DRC, so maybe not completely representative of normal discount rate.

Thx Rob

Michael, I’ve bought a bunch from Benchmark but have never sold; there are lots of terrific wines that they never seem to offer, so I assume that they know their market and what wines won’t sell easily, no matter how good.

Neal, in my view I left them with $1,500 in profit, so their resale is $6,000.

I also think it’s around 75-80% of WS low value…

Thanks gents.