Bedrock Spring Release?

Morgan,

any chance you’ll release some older wines from the library, like your pops?

I finally signed up for the mailing list in December (shortly after stumbling upon this site)… How long do you guys think it will be until I can actually order some Bedrock wines?

You should be able to order some this round, Craig, Just not the low production stuff. The second wave is a couple weeks later. If you purchase, you are then added to the first. At least that’s how it’s been in the past.

I’ll bet the Limerick Lane wine will also be hard to get.

Nervo or Papera Ranch tasting notes anyone? I have not had either, and am looking forward to getting some.

Thanks for the info… Looking forward to putting in an order!

Would love to get my hands on the Limerack Lane, but see some other gems for sure.

Sounds great as usual.

Very interested to get the scoop on the Ancient Vine Syrah.

-Dennis

Decisions decisions…

+1

There was a mag only ancient vine Syrah one other time in 2009. I remember it was also super limited, wish list only. A bottle recently sold on Winebid. There is a tasting note on CT.

Very cool - didn’t realize that! CT note definitely added to interest.

Thanks for mentioning!

-Dennis

The ancient vine Syrah comes from vines scattered throughout Bedrock Vineyards old vines. Syrah has a tendency to not set particularly well on these vines so it is only every few years that there is enough to be able to make a barrel or two- happily 2013 was one of those years! Along with the scattered Syrah at Gibson Ranch (which is a field blend of Syrah, Grenache, Trousseau Noir, Petite Sirah, Peloursin and others) this is the oldest vine bottling of Syrah I know of in the U.S…

Cheers! Can’t wait.

Hoping to get my hands on one of those maggies. Morgan’s syrahs are what made me start drinking less Cali cab and more syrah and rhone varietals. His 2009 Sonoma Coast syrah was a revelation to me (not to mention it was a mere $20!!). Man, I wish I had more. Hats off to him and Chris.

Which reds are safe to drink on the younger side?

Other than the cab, I’ve found all the wines accessible when young. I only buy the syrah/blends, so I cant speak to the zin based wines. I usually give them a splash decant and they are good to go after 30-60 minutes. Of course, these would all benefit from some age, but still are very enjoyable when young. I’ve never had the will power to cellar any of my bedrocks for more than 2-3 years (CT says my oldest is 2011) so I am likely missing out on some of the development.

Thanks, Seo! I personally like the Zins/field blends, but your input is helpful.

I find the Heritage wines are aided by some age.

I find all the wines are aided by some age, even the rosé.

I agree. I had a '13 Papera the other night and it was awesome, but in another year or three it will be even more awesome.
I think all the Zins need a year or two at least and the field blends with the exception of maybe the Dolinsek need a year or three as well.
I had a '10 Pagani a little while ago and it was spot on.