Bedrock Fall 2022 Release

Good idea, I think as a starting point I will just buy a couple of each to see my preference, Thanks!

1 Like

Lots of people prefer even entry level wines with a few years of age. A few are considered early drinkers.

In my humble opinion, that’s the greatest “challenge” with Bedrock - there’s a lot of options, and most of them hit their stride with additional bottle age. I usually plan on 6x OVZ and then a smattering of others, but also plan on reaching out to Jackie for the inevitable “order after the order.”

This looks like another exciting release!

I doubt anyone would give Bedrock a hard time for producing a White Zinfandel.

Whether you call it Rosé, White Zin, or Vin Gris, a well-made pink can satisfy summertime palates like few other wines.

Also, lest history be forgotten…
Ravenswood Vin Gris.png

1 Like

White Zin is coming back, baby! Batten down the hatches!

3 Likes

this release has my wallet nervous. so many favorites here.

but trust me, if you didnt try the Shake Ridge Barbera, then you probably won’t like it and should just let me suffer through it for you. im doing you a favor. nothing to see here. [whistle.gif]

Tried the White Zin last week. If you like the idea of it, you’ll really like the wine (we did, at least). Totally dry, light bodied, great floral aroma, some strawberry character. The grapes’ pedigree really comes through. Would stand in just fine anywhere a dry Riesling or Semillon might work.
Beeson Zinfandel (new to the portfolio) was a stunner, though very youthful with some tough tannins. Give this one some consideration.

6 Likes

Thanks for your impressions! Would be curious if you tried others from the upcoming release?

Yes…Pagani, Bedrock Heritage, Shake Ridge. Those were literally just bottled, though, and they were so tightly structured and closed that I can’t really say much about them other than that they are balanced and powerful. Would defer to Morgan’s impressions there.

I’m so happy they’re making one. When Bedrock does it, it gives validation to White Zin and elevates it for everyone. Turley and a few others have made them for years in the dry style, but it’s also timing: White Zin seems right for a rediscovery at this time, and Bedrock is the perfect steward for it. Everyone benefits. Hopefully the demand will be there.

Although if I’m being a bit cheeky, maybe this product had a touch to do with smoke taint fears… [wink.gif]

2 Likes

That was my serious impression. Esola saved their 2020 OVZ providing an outsize portion of juice because Amador had a banner year in 2020. But in 2021 I guess it was time to somehow come to its rescue after the fire.

How does it compare to the Lulu or is there no comparison?

I can’t speak for the Bedrock version, but the Sabelli-Frisch is very different than a Lulu and in some ways for me at least preferable. There’s another layer of complexity - peach, smoke, orange oil, white pepper, but still a light bodied wine.

2 Likes

Not really the same…no Mourvèdre character. Lighter overall feel. More perfumed aromatics.

1 Like

This is sounding down right tasty. Hopefully it’s generous allocations at a good price point.

Harvested early as the Caldor fire started, some details here: https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3426665#p3426665

We love Esola, so I’m hoping for a nice allocation.

Unrelated to this release: Anyone crack a 2019 Bedrock Buffalo/Joel Tribute yet?

Noticed my lone bottle the other day and realized I had not the faintest clue re drinking window.

I will not be touching that one for a long, LONG time [cheers.gif]

1 Like

320 bottles in CT. No reviews but 100% like it only 1 bottle consumed

1 Like

Pod is up. Interesting discussion on last vintage of Pagani