Becheur 2018 Cabernet

That’s a good point. Really has nothing to do when they release their own wine. Shits in a barrel and needs to be moved.

Looks like the price has stalled out at $35.60. Does the wine stay live until it’s sold out, or can it be replaced with remaining bottles in stock?

It looks like Vine Hill Ranch based on the description. Saying it’s not old-school counts Martha’s out. I suppose Far Niente fits the bill as well for location and a female winemaker.

It’s really the most bizarre business model that I don’t think he’s fleshed out yet.

The last offering, the Pinot, had like 1200 of the 1800 bottles left when it went off sale. The price stalled similar to the way this price has stalled and sales virtually halted. So even though nobody is buying it, he’s not lowering the price.

I’d love to know what he’s going to do with the 1200 bottles of Pinot he never sold! I just assumed it would go down in price till he sold all. Nope.

1 Like

Interesting. I was going to pull the trigger if it got below $30. Maybe I should now…

I think you can wait but it won’t go much lower unless he changes the algo. Sales have virtually stopped already and it’s not going down. He will keep it for sale for many weeks (The Pinot was on sale for like 5 or 6 weeks?). Can wait till people get the bottles and review it, too.

But I’m guessing it’s a fantastic wine and w/ free shipping the current price is totally fair.

In for 6, price went up $1 per bottle after my purchase.

Definitely fair pricing, if not really demand based. I bought 6 and $36.60.

I agree, there is no real dynamic pricing outside of the first 30 min and I have no clue what his end game is. With the Pinot, it wasn’t to sell out or even come close.

The algo is goofy or it’s designed to take 8-10 weeks to sell through. It goes down very very slowly from what I can gather.

But the Pinot had 2/3 of inventory left when he took it off sale. And the last few weeks virtually none sold but the price stayed same +/- $1 or $2. It’s…odd

As a consumer, I hate the dynamic pricing. Unless I’m in the first wave, I’m going to feel like I overpaid. By no means am I criticizing; it’s not my business how to price the wine, but I’ve passed on two offers because I didn’t want to be the sucker that overpaid.

I actually think it has amazing potential. I just don’t think he’s doing it right. Nobody knows the rules. Does he want the wine to sell out? Is it really dynamic pricing? Both the Pinot and the Cab have basically stayed w/in $2 or $3 after the first few days no matter how few bottles are purchased. If it really went down, say $1 an hour when nobody buys a bottle, it has real potential. And he’d sell out of course.

Very odd. It does look like the Pinot started high then dipped while this started low. Maybe he’s getting the algorithm right.

Will likely grab some at some point regardless. Thinking VHR from the context clues.

Pinot crashed his website so he had to start high and go low which is the opposite of the first one and this one.

Yah, that’s only reason. And I figured that’s why the sale “failed”, that it busted the algo. But now it seems he just doesn’t really care if it sells or not. Guessing he’ll keep tweaking it.

Looks like the pinot is still available. The cab dropped ten cents while I was reading the description.

That’s so weird re Pinot. Says 12 bottles left. But there were like 1000 when the offer ended last week.

Just received An email that my order will be delivered tomorrow. That’s fast.

the two disqualifiers would be I doubt far niente bulks much out, their production is apples to oranges compared to VHR. as well as a ‘family’ owning the land. i don’t think this would be a true statement or have been since 2003.

one possibility which hasn’t been mentioned is Kelham. not sure if Ham is still the winemaker or if it’s a female now.

I too am curious as to why the posters here would pay $20plus a bottle more for a “mystery” Cabernet ( than Cameron Hughes’ De Negoce ).
Please clarify.