Barrel furniture

And to think for years we’ve relying on Alan’s tasting notes, only to learn that he hath no taste!

Beppe Rinaldi used to have a chair in his tasting room made of barrique staves. There was a sign on it that said ‘This is the best use for barriques.’

The last time we did Sonoma, there were a couple of wineries that had some really nice furniture.

Wasn’t so much for me, or my tiny, overpriced SF Bay house, I just thought a country squire should have one of these for his pool boy to rest cocktails on when his hands are otherwise occupied neener

6FE192BB-6D80-43FC-B569-B418B95B4E74.jpeg
In all seriousness, this barrel table is pretty cool, for the right setting.

I’ve seen furniture made from pallets too. Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.

Around 2000, Chateau Palmer was offering some gorgeous tables made from the large foudres that was being decommissioned. Pricing I seem remember was ludicrous, until you realized the 1945 and 1961 were vinified using those staves.

Which would be?

(You’re not helping yourself, Alan. neener )

This really is a divided country.

The wine cellar in my fantasy rustic Lake Tahoe cabin!

It has been pointed out to me that I had one thing wrong here:

Todd, can i ask you to delete this thread. I only posted because I thought it might interest some folks, and to support a small, local, family business. I’d rather it not show up if someone outside this community happens to google the business.