B.L.T

Brian: you’d have more cred in this thread if your middle initial were L. Is it?

I think the only time I actively put in iceberg lettuce is with a BLT. Thinly shredded, love the crunch and the lettuce really absorbs the bacon fat well.

Close but no cigar, I’m an “M”

I’m sure it was delicious, but as a purist I would agree that you didn’t have a BLT. Maybe BTALC, or CLABT.

I called it a Mexican BLT or MBLT.

You’d have more cred in this thread if your last name were Crocker. [snort.gif]

Ha! [welldone.gif]

With the cheese complaint I do see interference, the avocado complaint is a non starter particularly if the avocado replaces the mayo. The mayo primarily provides fat, and the avocado does the same with a level that rivals an egg. Avocado may have a slightly different (better) flavor than mayo, but from a food science standpoint in the formulation of the overall composition, the 'cado is an acceptable substitute for a thin layer of fat.* Iceberg while generally shunned, is a fully accepted ingredient.** There is nothing like iceberg to provide the watery and flavor vacuous crunch you need to complete a salt and umami bomb.

*- This conclusion is based on a properly ripe avocado with no brown and no stringers, only green nutty buttery goodness.

**- If there is a single brown spot or edge on that lettuce, discard. Use scissors if you have to.

LOL! I’ll get right on that. neener

I agree that cheese has no place in a BLT. However, it’s a great idea to add tomato and bacon to a grilled cheese sandwich.

The beginnings of of tonights BLTs. I’ll slice this and quick fry in a pan before marrying it with a nice ripe heirloom tomato, some romaine and mayo aioli on Ciabatta.

Bring Central Valley tomatoes and we will have these with Cayuse this summer!

Pork Belly BLT w/Heirloom Tomato, Romaine Heart, Mayo, S&P on Toasted Ciabatta

Took the precooked belly

Sliced it

Pan fried to warm it and give it crispy edges then assembled

Turned out pretty tasty. My Wife loved it. Happy Wife Happy Life! flirtysmile

ok that looks delish. I’m hungry!