B-21: What's the current thinking?

I ordered from them with no issues in the past year, but sounds like theyre difficult to deal with if there is an issue. I put my wines on summer hold and made multiple adjustments to the case with no problem. I probably would wait until they were in stock and it was shipping season if I had to again.

2 Likes

I’ve had no issues with them and their shipping prices are low and free on the 21st of every month. They promptly credited me for a corked bottle recently. Best way to communicate is by email.

3 Likes

I live a short ways away and sometimes visit there in person. Their in-store wine employees no longer have much if any depth of wine knowledge unlike several years ago. But that isn’t crucial when ordering online. I have ordered many times of pre-arrival bottles and they generally make it into their inventory about the estimated timeframe. Never any serious issues though I’ve seen some examples presented here on WB of problems that were mishandled. They are in a word perfunctory.

3 Likes

I continue to buy items on private offer, pre arrival or in stock. Never had issues other than occassionally slow on email response but consider me a very happy customer. I do live in the area so I am able to get local delivery or pick up my bottles.

2 Likes

All helpful, folks. Thanks.

The convo you may be recalling is this one:

3 Likes

It is indeed. Thx

That guy is such a blow hard

2 Likes

True dat. And I loathe the way he wrote loathe when he meant loath. Bumpkin.

Most people with that kind of vast wealth are.

Just another stuffed shirt who’s actually a toffee-nosed posh. :wink: His posts are fun & cheeky sometimes though!

2 Likes

i ordered 3 magnums of champagne just a couple of weeks ago - given the heat I was a bit worried but I wanted them for a party and they had excellent pricing for what I was seeking. Then the hurricane came through over the weekend I made the order. There was a delay - the bottles showed up 2 days late (they also shipped 2 days late) - no leakage albeit they were at room temperature. All is good. I think wait until you are certain the heat issues are gone. But like others, I am pleased with the service - one of the labels was mauled a bit but it was for drinking - not for collecting…

I order from them often and, on the few occasions there has been an issue, have been more than satisfied with the results.
PM for specifics.

1 Like

I’ve always had good experiences, with standard and futures orders

1 Like

Just piling on that I’ve had good success with them across several purchases. Good pricing and access on E.Pepe wines-one of my faves.

2 Likes

Definitely more loaf than loafe.

1 Like

Does anyone local know if they do local delivery? Ill be staying at an airbnb in st pete with friends, but no car.

They do.
$12 a case unless you meet their minimum purchase for refrigerated, free delivery.
Check their website to see if this has changed recently.

yes, though it can take 2 weeks to get into their delivery que.

Have ordered a number of times over past 2 years. Never an issue.