Avalanche of e-mail wine offers

my friend who is a manager at our local retail store was telling me similar. I can only imagine this is people preparing to hunker down. he was telling me he was shocked by the number of 6 pack and case orders. I encouraged him but silently that rings alarm bells for me for their coming weeks. if people who normally buy a single bottle a week are now buying cases… they won’t be back for a while.

The other piece of that is those purchases were largely made before 3.2million people filed for unemployment last week. I imagine those sales will slow way down from here.

as far as the original thread question, I’ve also been seeing a good number of offers. I really wish I could get in on all of them, but so far have had to say no because my own pay was drastically deferred for the time being. just like some of these wineries are not sure they’ll be able to keep operating in this environment, our business is in the same situation. as I’m sure millions around the country are. it frustrates me that the current environment is so widespread. it makes it very hard for one sector to help support another in really meaningful ways.

Don’t hold your breath. neener As you can see, there are quite a few who agree with me judging by the replies calling you “ignorant and self-absorbed”.

On the other hand, please do hold your breath. [snort.gif] There are a great many people who are aboard the same unemployed or cut-back boat, and they’re not whinging because they can’t make frivolous luxury purchases. Sour grapes Bill?

Just trash the offers if they bug you. I’m getting offers from pretty much any business that I have purchased from, not just wine. I know I cant support all of them but I do what I can.

I’ve received offers this week from places that I haven’t received offers from in years! Trying to figure out if they added me to their mailing lists from prior purchases or if they undid unsubscribe requests.

I am not seeing the 20% discount on Keenan’s website. Do you have to be in the club to get that?

Not sure. I quit the club over a year ago. Go to keenanwinery.com, then scroll down a bit. Right hand box says 20% off. Left hand box is 50% off their merlot by the case. Does that work?

Jim F wrote:
Not sure. I quit the club over a year ago. Go to keenanwinery.com, then scroll down a bit. Right hand box says 20% off. Left hand box is 50% off their merlot by the case. Does that work?

$22 for their 2015 Merlot is quite a deal! Thank you for the heads-up!

Ed

Chanin is also offering free shipping. I had Lutum but never bought directly.

With stay at home orders, I figure I would pick one to support. So, they are it.

+1

Email is make or break for many of us right now. The success of our spring email offer this week is the only leg of the table still holding anything up.

Well said Matt.

Well said, Larry. Stay safe and healthy.