Austin recommendations for the weekend of 01/28/2023

I’m traveling on a business trip to Austin tomorrow and since it’s my first time in the city I decided to extend my trip for the weekend. Pretty much I’ll have Saturday and Sunday free so any recommendations about restaurants, wine bars, museums, or expositions are appreciated :smiley:

Thanks!

1 Like

Terry Blacks BBQ is close to downtown and it’s convenient with minimal wait if any. Excellent for Texas BBQ itch.

1 Like

Not particularly Texas cuisine, but I’m a huge fan of Uchi, a Japanese fusion/sushi restaurant. I also like wandering up and down Rainey Street and eating what catches our fancy at the time. A good variety of places ranging from the very casual to the high-end.

1 Like

I hosted a business dinner at Juniper last year. It was really very good and a solid well priced wine list. Plenty of bar/food bar seating as well if your solo.

Le Barbecue is across the street from them as well. One of the top bbq spots. Both are in East Austin and a quick Uber from downtown.

The Domain is also a real cool area to check it for shopping, site seeing, hanging out, etc. The Punch Bowl is a cool spot for good bites and drinks.

1 Like

Eden Cocktail lounge is a cool, fairly new speakeasy. It’s in an alley between 6th and 7th streets. Have to have a reservation. Devil May Care is another one. DMC has a very good food program as well.

1 Like

Thank you all for those great recommendations, I ended up visiting (in order):

Devil May Care
Terry Blacks BBQ
Rainey Street
Bufalina

Additionally, I went to LoLo, a natural wine bar on East Austin that has a nice balanced selection that ranges from the very natty type to the perfectly clean natural wines.

Besides food and wine:

The Contemporary
Austin Art Garage
Bullock Museum

I’ve always been a huge fan of Odd Duck. It tends to have a very seasonal menu with a very noticeable Texas flair.

1 Like