Aurelio Settimo Barolo

Grazie per il BENVENUTA, Geir! I think is interesting for a wine producer to be in a such a forum: quick answers directly from the producer and “public” answers!

I’ve enjoyed the 2000 and 2001 Rocche in recent years and still have some tucked away for the future (maybe time to check in on a 2000 again, honestly).

Has anyone tasted the 2008 Rocche dell’Annunziata? Any thoughts on it? It’s available in my market for a very reasonable price.

And as a follow-up, is the wine formerly labeled as Rocche now labeled Rocche dell’Annunziata due to the new vineyard naming regulations/boundaries?

The cantina is in the hamlet of Annunziata, on the slope below La Morra. I’d guess it’s to distinguish the vineyard from Rocche in nearby Castiglione.

I see that Brovia and Vietti now label their Rocche bottlings as Rocche di Castiglione. They used to be just Rocche. So perhaps there is some new rule.

Thank you for your reply, TIziana. I checked that some bottles of 1999 are still available here, and will get them and put them aside.
Coming to La Morra to visit you is on the list. Next spring I hope!

Any thoughts on :
Settimo Barolo Rocche dell’Annunziata 2009
Settimo Barolo Rocche dell’Annunziata Riserva 2009

Thank you