aucwine.com

I’ve had 3 positive experiences with Auc Wine and I would buy again (the prices for stuff I have bought were lowest on WS Prop, but I wouldn’t call them crazy low. I also bought on weekends when they run their sales). All 3 experiences were over the past 2 years.

Purchase of 1996 Lynch Bage were nearly pristine bottles that showed well and consistent with other 1996 Lynch Bage I’ve had. Just had delivered 1989 PLL and bottles showed up just looking like the pictures.

And this is the best one (and most recent): I ordered 2 bottles of 2015 Hudelot Noellat Clos Vougeot from them back in early 2022… they apparently emailed me in early 2022 saying the package may have gotten lost… I checked my records today and no evidence of the Clos Vougeot. Pinged them and they said the tracking information is now stale and the employee was no longer around and they could not verify the claim… I asked for a refund or store credit… and they gave me a full refund. This was 18 months after the order.

I’ve also purchased from them and had no issues with the bottle quality

2 Likes

Hi there folks,
My name is Charles Kellogg and I’m the General Manager of TK Wine, the parent company of Aucwine. I thought this might be a good place to let you know that we are depreciating the aucwine brand since we no longer perform auctions and now sell spirits in addition to wine. Our new site, tkwine.com, is now live and you’ll find all of our inventory available for purchase.

I’m not sure how much we can talk about our business on this forum, but to reply to some of the concerns I see in this thread…

TK Wine (Teikokushihan) was originally established in Japan in 2008, where we had over ten locations for buying and selling liquor and wine. We expanded our operations to the States in 2014 and launched aucwine in 2016. As our staff consisted of non-native English speakers, we did have many issues with the copy that was on our sites. We also used a stock image of several bottles of DRC on our site, which led to Maureen Downey claiming we had a history of fraud. When we contacted her about these claims, there was talk of a consulting fee, but she never ended up following through with us.
As for our pricing, we operate on the secondary market and most all of our inventory is acquired through private collections. We look at auction hammer prices (including buyer fees) and internal sales data to set a market price. This is the price we believe is the actual price that a collector would be willing to pay for any given expression. We make our offers for purchase with this market price in mind. As a collector myself, I think we can all agree that release prices and increases that producers and distributors have been pushing to absorb the profit from the secondary market have gotten out of hand. I believe the current contraction in the market bears witness to this.

We work hard to get good bottles to good people at good prices.

We hope this will give you more insight into our company and how we operate.

I don’t check this forum often, but feel free to send me a DM or contact me through our website.

Charles

Message sent, Charles.