Aubert Spring 2023 release - 2021 Chardonnays

Also offered the Elements 6 pack. In for one.

1 Like

Ended up getting a few wish list items added too in the end. Total of 68 bottles :white_check_mark:

The 2020s are already drinking well so can’t wait for the 21’s to arrive!

1 Like

68 bottles of the 2021!???

1 Like

the fact that someone drinks 2020 auberts already is more surprising to me then buying 68 bottles actually.

2 Likes

I am usually cellar these long/medium-term as well, but based on Aubert and various pro-taster’s feedback, I have had a several of my 2020s too. They are great now.

3 Likes

We have been opening some 2015s and having a great experience.

1 Like

With 9-12 bottles of each I do not see why I would not want to experience them early as well as mature? I drink young Burgundy too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Allocation of 9-12 bottles of each, plus some mags. Adds up quickly :grimacing:

3 Likes

That definitely does lol!

Drank 2021 Sonoma coast chard over two days recently; obviously young but very good.

3 Likes

I also was only offered the mixed six pack at the release’s open. This is also my first time being on the allocation.

I just logged back on and can now buy up to 6 bottles of Powder House individually ($110) and wish list up to 6 UV-SL.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I have the same, bummer it’s after BD and I have no $$ left to get any ha

I just checked and could order the same. Andy in the same boat as you

Question for everyone one the Aubert list. I am on the waiting list however they sent me a teaser release while I wait. I was offered the Powder House and the UV-SL only. The catch for me is the 6 bottle minimum, was definitely going to purchase but not sure if I really “needed” 6 bottles between just those 2 selections. A call to the winery didn’t help as they were pretty firm on their minimum.

So the questions is with this being a first go at Aubert are these 2 bottles specifically worth loading up on 6 bottles just to make the cut?

yep.u didn’t cut offered the well done end part of the prime rib. those are badass chards.

1 Like

21’ being a very good vintage, I would say yes. Depends on whether you are willing to pay the vig.

3 Likes

There’s always a 6 bottle min and unless you’re dying to do a horizontal tasting, there is nothing wrong with getting 3+ of only 2 cuvees. I love the uv-sl and have yet to try the powder house.

2 Likes

I was offered the same and was wondering the same as you given I don’t have a lot of experienced with Aubert. I think I’m going to bite the bullet fwiw.

1 Like

Yeah same here for me, makes more sense with shipping costs north of the border to do a case. Committed to 3 UV-SL and 9 Powderhouse. Hopefully made a good choice! Havent had either of these.

Side note, I asked if purchasing moved you to regular allocations and the answer is no unfortunately. Signed up last fall and we’ll see if I make the fall 2023. Definitely appreciated allocating the extras to people on the waitlist though, was a nice touch.

2 Likes

Sigh I guess I’ll fire up my crying credit card for another beating right after Berserker Day :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes