Aubert Spring 2023 release - 2021 Chardonnays

how is the shipping on a half case?

1 Like

53ish i think i paid going up to Bend.

1 Like

Horrible. $52 to LA. Not their fault though.

1 Like

It was $68 for a case to SoCal but jumped to $109 for more than that. Easy decision to keep it to a case.

4 Likes

Does anyone know why the Lauren is a higher price? Just supply and demand or is there a real expense reason?

1 Like

Owns the property I believe. ROI perhaps. Plus it seems to always resonate with the critics as their best Chard bottling. And people buy it every year without question…

1 Like

a)gets higher scores
b) oldest planted estate vineyard
c) because they have charged more for it for a while

take your pick.

1 Like

I believe Lauren was the first “estate” vineyard. It was priced higher when the first vintage was released, and that price distinction has been maintained and increased even as other estate properties come online.

1- Lauren
1- Sugar
1- Eastside
3- CIX

Wish listed 2 Lauren and 1 Sugar. $66 to ship to Colorado!

first allocation, went live for me this AM. admittedly haven’t tried aubert before but have been reading good things. offered a 6-pack combo of: 2 Powder House, 2 UV-SL, 1 Eastside and 1 Larry & Hyde

shipping hurt, curious to try these out! bummed not to see a Lauren

1 Like

As an aside, I just put in a request to add “estate” to the cellartracker description, and it was quickly changed.

I wasn’t offered Lauren in my first allocation either. I recommend decanting them if you open one up in the near term.

thanks! i also read waiting a year after release. fortunately (maybe?) I shipped to offsite storage, hopefully that prevents me from peeking early!

1 Like

Only offered the Elements of Aubert 6 pack. Was hoping for a Lauren but alas much have not purchase enough from them prior.

1 Like

What is Elements of Aubert? I haven’t heard of that one.

1 Like

Order in for a mixed 6-pack. Hate the price increases, but they are certainly phenomenal wines (and loved by both my wife and I).

2 Likes

It’s probably the same 6 pack others here are referring too, just labeled as Elements of Aubert. 2 Powder House, 2 UV-SL, 1 Eastside, and one Larry Hyde and Sons. I was offered 3 6-packs at $600 plus tax and shipping.

2 Likes

Ah, ok. I have never been offered pre-set 6-packs that I recall. It’s always just been allocations of each separate wine.

Same thing I got.

I ended up getting two mixed cases wasn’t offered anything to wish for.

1 Like