Aruba: Suggestions for Restaurants etc.

So, now it looks like we’re going to Anguilla. [oops.gif]

Scott- me and Julie are going for a wedding in may. Staying at the cusienart. When you going?

Old thread here - anyone been recently? Is BYO an option? Headed down shortly and never been. Any/all advice is appreciated!

Giannis for the spaghetti Parmesan.
Tierra del Sol. At the golf course by the lighthouse .
CAsa tua for the seafood pizza (and other pizza)
Don’t know anything about BYO.

David–Corkage is allowed at most places with various prices. What kind of restaurants do you like? what other advice?

And where are you staying ?

I was there in late January and we went to restaurant called “Fred”. It was amazing food but the wine selection was just OK. Small venue where you sit at a U shaped counter that surrounds the kitchen/serving area. They only do one sitting per evening, set menu and I think it was like 6 courses (Price Fix). The “event” also includes breaks to sit out on the veranda in between courses. It was a very special experience and I believe difficult to get into…

Thanks guys. Staying at the Ritz. Great news on the BYO - looks like I’ll be packing some wines.

As for food, all types honestly. Traveling w kids so anywhere super formal is probably out.

Heading there in a few weeks. Staying in Palm Beach area. We too are doing Fred’s as the reivews on Trip Advisor made it tough to pass up.

Any other must go to places for food, etc? Good to hear on corkage.
What about attractions other than the usual beach, diving, snorkeling?

Thanks,
Brad

Wilhelmina, Maroc, Wacky Wahoo, Oak, Quinta del Carmen, Altamar, Redfish, Driftwood, and Screaming Eagle come to mind quickly. What are you looking for?

Thanks both of you. I will check those out. I am looking for a mix of mid to high end and then some good casual places for meals. Corkage allowed is a plus as we will bring a few bottled with us.

What about tours or places to book for snorkeling. etc? We are lokoing to get away from the resort as much as we can knowing we will have at least one beach day.

Giannis for the spaghetti Parmesan.
Tierra del Sol. At the golf course by the lighthouse .
CAsa tua for the seafood pizza (and other pizza)
Don’t know anything about BYO.

Been to Aruba a few times but have never taken a tour . Have snorkleled but only on my own .

Enjoy .

Sole Mare also has spaghetti parmesan and good Italian
La Granja for local rotisserie chicken and other things.
Bentang Bali for Indonesian
New Wei Tai for Chinese
Twist of Flavors for very good casual.
Iguana Joe for great casual
I think corkage was $7 at Redfish when some other BB member went on my recommendation.

Yep. Corkage was a whopping $7 at Red Fish. Super casual next to a car wash but food was excellent. We loved it.

Meal of the trip for us was Wilhelmina. If you go, ask to sit in the courtyard.

BYO everywhere btw. Pricing varies but I don’t think we paid more than $25 except at our hotel restaurants.

I did BYO at Asi Es Mi. Gave the owner a glass of champagne. No corkage fee

Loved it so much we went twice on the trip

Last time there, a few years ago, we enjoyed Taste of Belgium. Fun beer selection for Aruba. Good was good too.

https://www.tasteofbelgium.aw

We have been going for the past 20 years and bring wine with us for restaurants and Champagne on our balcony before heading out to dinner. This past May was the first time ever I ran into a byo snafu and that was at Yemanja. We’ve been there many times and always byo’d but they decided in January to stop allowing it. They wouldn’t make an exception since we weren’t aware of the new policy, so we left. Walked a couple of blocks to Que Pasa where we had a terrific meal with very sweet service. I’ll never go back to Yemanja and there are plenty of other good restaurants that welcome is. Our favorites are
Quinta del Carmen
Madame Janette
El Gaucho
Wilhelmina
Que Pasa

We had a very good dinner at the Italian restaurant at the Ritz Carlton but $50 corkage is too high for the island. I was quoted $25 when I made the reservation and they honored it. If we go back, I won’t byo and just have a cocktail.