Arnot-Roberts Rosè anyone,

Considering this is one of very few wines that my wife would complain about me NOT purchasing, and I have no chance to get it retail I’m definitely in for a half case or so, regardless of shipping.

It does seem like high shipping cost is always a point of contention for every AR release. You’d think they would be able to negotiate a better deal??

$85-90 if memory serves correct.

To people in LA or the Bay Area (or that don’t mind K&L’s shipping costs), K&L gets this wine in every year and sells it for $23.

Got a very quick and nice response from Jennifer. She is willing to hold the Rose to ship with the Spring offer if you just put a note in the shipping notes.

BTW… Galloni gave out very high scores (97,96) for their reasonably priced chards today in his Sonoma report. I am a fan- especially at $40-45 per bottle.

In for half a case. Definitely a favorite in our house.

In for half a case. Definitely a favorite in our house.

It’s funny, Arnot Roberts is petty universally loved here. I bought a few 2 years back ( I think it was two) and I wasn’t impressed. It was good, but I didn’t buy again and found other rose I favored much more. I’m not badmouthing them, just didn’t wow me like some other roses I’ve come to love.

I’ll have to think about this. Have bought and loved the 2012 and 2013 but with shipping the price gets into the same price range as Mordoree Tavel and while good, it’s not Mordoree.

I looked up my most recent case purchase from Scherrer and shipping was $48.00. Assuming Fred’s Dry Rose is again $22 + $4 versus AR at $23 + $6.66 I think I’ll just double down on Scherrer, which I prefer.

I hasten to remind all that Lancyre Rose Which I purchased for $14.99 at the Utah State store (never a bargin source) has no shipping and is excellent year after year.

We bought the 2012, loved it. Bought the 2013 and it was okay. If shipping is as high as reported, we’ll probably pass. I feel for the wineries as it looks like shipping costs have gone up across the board. I don’t expect they should have to eat it, but it’s still tough to swallow.

ditto, bought in '12 & '13 but the $40 shipping for 6 btls is a no go for us. I can find many more rosés at that price point I will enjoy just as much. I’d like to support AR but Just not for the rosé anymore.

Shipping costs exploded with fuel costs.

It’s worth noting that shipping costs, even when checked directly with UPS/FedEx are not going down with lower fuel costs. The shipping companies are feathering their nests.

Open a bottle of the 2012 last night. The color of a brand new penny. Strawberry, watermelon, basil, thyme. Savory. Quenching acidity.

Bought a 6-er of the '12 on release, but skipped the '13 last year because of shipping costs. Picked up a few bottles at retail and will probably do the same this year.

I bought it at Wine Library last year and loved it. Great price too.

Normally I would be a buyer. But it is now distributed in Ohio (at least it was last year), so I have that going for me, which is nice.

Scott - I am thrilled to see the inclusion of EMH in your colorful collage/avatar. Thank you.

Aw, shucks…

It’s a big improvement from the dork in the cowboy hat. [pillow-fight.gif] neener

I’m a fan, but count me as another that will skip this release due to the shipping costs. I’ll probably pick up a few bottles at retail. I’ve also taken the same stance on the RPM release, but order from their main releases.

Seems to me that they’d be better off offering subsidized shipping than selling it through 3-tier, but their call i guess.

This is my first offering, off of the waitlist. I’m probably more interested in their cabs, syrah’s, etc. than this offer.

Does anyone know, if I pass on this offer will I still get an allocation for the spring offer, or am I obligated to purchase off of this one to secure a future allocation?