Arnot Roberts fall release

Dan,

I think so. I had both of those this summer and loved them, so maybe A-R is just not your style. That said, you may benefit from drinking around the range (Chardonnays, Trousseau, Syrah, Pinot, Cabernet) before making that call.

Clayton

We had this wine last week @ Willows Inn and loved it, tons of salinity with all the killa seafood.

Maybe not for you? Wine is mostly Sylvaner if memory serves.

The wine is mostly Ribolla Gialla…

While we did have the RG @ Williows Inn last week I was thinking about the A-R Old Vine White, my bad. I’m pretty tired.

Based on what I see you drinking and praising, I don’t think A-R is a producer that you’d enjoy much.

Budget-minded I kept this order to a case: 6 Trousseau and then mixed PN.

Looking forward to the Trousseaus!

In that case I have to say thanks, I had no idea what was in the OV White. Makes sense - for some reason I thought it was a white Rhone blend but after 2 bottles that’s clearly incorrect.

Matthew - Duncan explained the fruit comes from Compagni Portis still but some vineyard-owner issue keeps him from using that designation. The rows A-R primarily uses are Sylvaner dominated.

Opened a North coast syrah in advance of the offering last night. Wife said “that smells good!” Pretty sure that was tacit authorization to buy my entire allocation.

That made me chuckle out loud

Hah opened the 12 old vine white last night and mentioned how good it was before my wife tried it, and she said “everything we’ve had from them is”. Guess I could look at that statement as you are but I unfortunately won’t be able to swing a full pull this go round. Although I am pretty sure she’d be 100% ok with me buying a tractor trailer full of the rose next year.

You already ordered? Must be a pre-release. My allocation doesn’t go out until 9/6.

The ordering window is open. Be careful with checkout. Im not sure if there are bugs with the system but when I viewed my cart the order was not what I had placed—not even close. I had to change everything back to my original order and it went through fine from there on.

Wow, Trout Gulch has gone up $10 per bottle. Huge percentage increase.

Pinot or chard? All the wines seen like a good value, going to be hard to keep it to my customary four or six bottles…

Michael

Chard

Prices…
image.jpg

You currently have no available allocations.

WTF?!

The site isn’t officially open. It should work fine tomorrow.