Are you waiting for shipping season to start?

I went through my hold for cool weather orders and have wine being held by 19 wine shops and auction houses.
Going to be like Christmas in November.

Several Cal. wineries contacted me this week asking to ship. Told them not yet.

I do have a 1 NY shop shipping on Monday.

Did the winery explain why?

You are my hero Suzanne.
Printing this out to use in my defense.

Iā€™ve got 12.5 cases coming from my recent trip to Willamette. Itā€™s hard hearing from friends who bought from some of the same places and have already received the wine. I wonā€™t be receiving mine for another month!

I havenā€™t contacted them as I only found out today when I got a UPS notification. Never got anything from the winery.

You guys are ballersā€¦ Iā€™ve got a measly 3 cases coming next week - timing is perfect, in the 70ā€™s. Cheers!

Living in Texas, it will all start coming in about a month

19! I have 10ā€¦ and thatā€™s after (i) deciding to start my denovo cellar and (ii) cancelling three orders!

I am waiting impatiently. My wine fridge is looking bare!

Sojourn shipped in temp control trucks last week. Venge ships with ice packs on Monday and temps will be mid 70s and overcast so all good.

I have about 3 other cases that will need to wait until Novemberā€¦

More like 2 months here near Houston. Shipping before Thanksgiving has been iffy the past few years.

probably January in South FL

Intra California is cool enough starting this first week of October.

I set up two small, short distance deliveries on Friday, to go out this upcoming week.

Unf I still havenā€™t cleared enough space at homeā€¦

Austin. Depends on the weather, but last year everything was staggered in NOvember, but all arrived before Thanksgiving

Sigh, 13 stores for me. Wish I hadnā€™t counted. Iā€™ll wait til mid-October for Intra-California shipping, and November for cross country. Stores that send without notification make me nuts, usually results in them landing on my ā€˜no buyā€™ list.

I honestly donā€™t know what to think of the weather here in NW Louisiana. [scratch.gif]

Over the past 9 months, weā€™ve been subjected to a super-long, cooold Winter, followed by a delayed, compressed Summer with very brutal heat (Spring didnā€™t last more than two months).

Now, itā€™s high humidity, intermittent downpours, and temperatures lower than I can recall for this time of year (~mid-70ā€™s - low 80ā€™s).

Hopefully the weather will be moderate enough by the time I get the shipments from earlier this year!
fingers crossed

I like a few others here just got my UPS notice, with no prior from the distribution service. Went to CDP over the spring, and the wine was waiting for fall shipping, but this week really??? Coming from CA to DC too. Is there a way to tell if its in a refrigerated truck from UPS, or is it obvious? I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever had my wine shipped refrigerated.

Itā€™s probably on a train. UPS usually uses rail for cross country. Not refrigerated.

So, cross your fingers and hope for the best at this pointā€¦ Hope my CDP isnā€™t friedā€¦ does that mean even MORE Barn yard funk?

Iā€™m expecting shipments from 13 different places, although a few are just local NYC shipments that Iā€™ve waited to consolidate into cases. The ones from CA will be the bulk of the deliveries thoughā€¦