Are you buying white burg to cellar for 10+ yrs?

Yes- mostly Raveneau but a smattering of other bottles from 2014

+1, me, too.

FIFY

Chablis, but staying short of your 10 year mark. I am moving through all pre 2012 except Raveneau. For the others I am now drinking 2012. Sad, sort of, but thoroughly enjoying them as Chablis is a favorite.

Yes , because I am a fool . Only this week : Meursault Charmes 2008 Roulot : premox . Montrachet Jadot 2010 premox and Montrachet H Boillot 2010 : drink up .
At the same dinner , we had a Meursault Genevrieres 1973 from Morey which was still excellent . So I keep on hoping with a lot of frustration in return .
I donā€™t experience premox with Coche and Raveneau but you canā€™t drink this all the time .
The good thing is that using DIAM closures has , apparently , drastically reduced premoxed wine . At least , that is what Jadot ( since 2011 ) and Comte Lafon are claiming .

Was out of the game since 02 vintage. Did come back in very limited way by buying a good amount of 14ā€™s, mostly chablis, for drinking in next several years. But I wonā€™t let anything hit 10 years of age, and no triple digit price points for anything. Still have a bad premox taste in my mouth after going long on the 96, 99 and 02 vintages. Been buying some Mt. Eden Chards to lay down to see if I can scratch that itch a bit. Makes me laugh since I remember 20 years ago beating the drum on how CA chard couldnā€™t age at all and how ageworthy white burg was in comparison

I buy older white Burgundy at a local restaurant. Premier cru mainly, and a significant percentage are premoxed.

Let someone else take the risk.

How can they know if these wines are mostly less than 7 years old?

Which is why Iā€™m still out. Once bitten, twice shy. Let someone else take the risk.

Yes, but only PYCM, Roulot, Coche and Raveneau for cellaring. H Boillot is also a buy, but try to drink them before year 8.

YES.
Although I have to say first that I buy FAR LESS white Burgs than red ones, simply because we have so many fine whites in Austria ā€¦
I easily could be satisfied with Austrians alone ā€¦

However, white Burgs - as we all know - can be very special, so I buy a certain quantity - from Village to GC ā€¦ and not for drinking early, but for keeping.
My negative experiences with premoxed bottles are quite rare, it seemes to be far rarer than most writers here ā€¦ maybe 5% from vintages 1996 to 2008 ā€¦ so IĀ“m not THAT afraid ā€¦ the risk of corked bottles is still higher ā€¦
However 2-3 producers have stood out negatively, and that includes BdMartray and Verget - so I avoid these ā€¦

Yes. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. My percentage of premox is about the same as my percentage of corked. Iā€™m not stopping buying wine because of corked wines either.

Nope, just Bourgogne for early drinking. For whatever reason, my friends and I have experienced a higher percentage of premoxed wines than typically quoted, and nowadays I refuse to pay Coche and Roulot and Raveneau prices, and I have had premoxed Roulot and advanced Raveneau anyway. Done.

I gave up buying white burg quite a while ago to age, but for quite a while felt that some chablis producers were relatively protected. So for many years Iā€™ve bought Dauvissat, which Iā€™ve aged gen 8-10 years before diving in. Now unfortunately this producer seems to be having a late surge of premoxed wines (2007,2008, 2009, 2011). I know there were some before in earlier vintages, but for me didnā€™t seem as common as these later vintages. (Raveneau is relatively protected, although not completely, but is so damned expensive here that I refuse to buy it.)

I am buying white burgundy to cellar for 10 years and more. Actually enjoying quite a few 10-year old village wines, not just 1ers and GCs.

Quit buying White Burg several years ago. Wy to expensive when premox factored in.

if you look at the Don Cornwell white burg dinners and his wiki, you can dance through the white Burg minefield and only lose a limb or two, much less damaging than a few years ago or without a map.

Fingers crossed, this has also been my somewhat limited experience.

+1 And if the wines you are thinking of purchasing arenā€™t on Donā€™s list of wines tasted, it might mean that those producers whose wines have shown premox in the past wonā€™t be tasted so you should stay clear of those.

FWIW - I have counted my white Burg stock:
vintages between 1937 and 2008: 73 different wines (in quantities from 1-6 bottles),

I got appetite and opened a bottle yesterday:
Meursault Narvaux (Village) Boyer-Martenot 2000: very good fully mature Meursault, no premox at all, but light golden colour of a mature Burg of 19 years, not the great complexity of a 1er Cru, but persistent, quite long, interesting minerality, sound acidity and good mouthfilling qualities. 90 points