Arcadian: "Hey Joe, where'd you go" with that fruit in your hand

But no one commented on my take on Jimi Hendrix: “Hey, Joe, where’d you go with that gun in your hand?” For me, wine crosses the line between art and music and wine and other stuff some of us appreciate and think about.

Merrill,
There are a couple of complimentary posts about this. But to your point, there were at least 3 pre-Hendrix versions, including the Byrds, Love and the Standells. But no one did it like Jimi.

yes its true Talbott sold lock, stock and barrel to Gallo who promptly tore it up and replanted a good chunk of it. This happened almost 10 years ago now. Last vintage was 2008 for me.

Merrill, I did not explicitly mention your "Hey Joe . . " reference in my previous “pulitzer” compliment, but it was most definitely (implicitly) included. I mean c’mon, you must know this was a brilliant heading for the many of us who “got it”. I also very much agree with your last sentence in this new post! -Jim

yeah, I had hoped so. I have that song stuck in my head since I typed that thread title! Glad you enjoyed the note.

Great note. Great wine. Great vineyard. And Hey Joe was not written by Hendrix. :slight_smile: But his version is great.

Sad to hear about Sleepy Hollow. SLH is probably … no, it is, my least favorite AVA and yet Sleepy Hollow produced the best Cali Pinot and Chardonnay.

Jason

Joe – it would be an honor. If you haven’t checked out what Sam Smith is doing at Morgan these days, you should. He’s doing great work. Let me know when you’re north. I’d love to pick your brain about the history of vineyards in the area. I’m doing my best to piece all those things together.
Best,
Ian

The vineyard ground on sleepy hollow isn’t that different than several vineyards around it, so it has to do with farming practices, genetics, and failures in winemaking.

Damn - that’s a real shame, Joe. Your Sleepy Hollows were transformative wines for me early in my wine drinking odyssey and they’ll always have a special place in my cellar. [cry.gif]

The Arcadian Sleepy Hollow Chards are our favorites as well. It was the white wine we served at our daughter’s wedding. And the Pinot was the red. There were no complaints from the guests.
I wasn’t expecting any comments on the wines I served at the wedding but wasn’t surprised when lots of people came up to me and asked how they could get some!!!
Always fun to serve any of Joe’s wines to a KJ drinkin’ crowd.