APL Los Angeles

lets Target 26th. Chris think it overnight if might be able to make it. If not Marshall jump in. Unfortunately capped at 6 as that’s max party size for my discount.

For wines I like idea of just bringing a kick-ass bottle of aged red. Don’t know yet fully what I’ll bring but thinking about a 77 Weinberg Malbec and an 88 veuve for us to start with. In terms of what aged means - probably varies by region but I think something fully out of primary phase of development.

26 works for me. If we have space for one more (I think Marshall is 2 ppl) my good wine buddy Steve would be interested. He has plenty of wine for the theme.

Fu - we are capped at 6 to take advantage of my discount at the restaurant. If Chris can’t make it have one spot left. Marshall 1st in line but if he needs a deuce can go to you/Steve.

Hi Saul, could you put my nme on waitlist.
Interested to join as well. Thanks

Sorry I didn’t see this earlier, but add me to the waitlist. Just PM me if things change.

Perfect!

If we’re playing at the level of 77 Weinberg Malbec, I probably ought to bow out as I can’t contribute anything that serious unfortunately and I’m sure there are other more suitable participants.

…three posts later…

[scratch.gif] [swearing.gif] [rofl.gif]

Have fun all.

Hey Chris. Can move to 21st as without Julian balance of preference moves away from 26th (Julian was first to respond so wanted to provide some deference based on his travel schedule) Let me know as seems I as well as other can make both work.

Date:
February 21

Theme:
Killer aged red wine meets dry aged beef

Attendees:
Cooperstein - 77 weinert and 88 veuve
Kaplan
Fu
Whetstone
Bohr
Gelb

capped at 6 for now but will work on seeing if I can get my discount (50) extended to a slightly larger party size - perhaps at a slightly lower amount…if any questions on this please feel free to PM

Others:
Steve (Fu)
Andre M
Altmeyer

Meat (for 6ppl)
3” thick 150+ day dry age 103 ribeye
1.5” thick 400 day dry age 2x2 strip loin
2.25” thick 150+ day dry age 174 porterhouse
2 short term dry age hanger

Apps, sides, dessert…

neener

Saul; I am good for a single… just me.

Cheers!
Marshall

Marshall - Edited above

A single Marshall!? TIME TO PARTY BOYS!!! flirtysmile

I didn’t see this, or the Epicurean board post, till late. I saw your shout out Saul. Let’s make a point of getting together for dinner in the near future.

John - absolutely.

Break out the good stuff! [highfive.gif]
Saul: Did we set a time yet?

Cheers!
Marshall

No time yet. Defer to the group.

Preference to a bit on the later side due to traffic going into Hollywood if possible! But I know it’s tough on a school night

Fu. Propose a time.

My wife and son surprised me with dinner at APL last night (I didn’t know where we were going until we arrived). Ate a 147-day dry aged brontosaurus tomahawk rib for 3. It was very beefy and delicious. We are in for a real treat on 2/21.

I suggest trying to beat the traffic by going earlier, rather than later…