Apha Omega WInery

What’s the cost to taste there? Just curious. I understand that if I’m asking it’s probably out of my price range.

Free the two times I’ve been.

It was not free for me Total to taste 7 wines might have been 8 was 80.00
Sauv Blanc
Chard
Pinot
two cabs
Then Tokalon Cab
Then the ERA

Visited Alpha Omega last week and had an absolutely fantastic tasting with Steve that was arranged by Jean via our connection on this board. I think we tasted around 10 wines and had a great time talking with Steve.

The outside patio is tough to beat.

This was our second visit to AO, the last being in 2010, and I think wines have reached a whole new level, especially the Beckstoffer/ERA collection.

Thanks again to Jean and Steve for a great time.

I was there last week. Beautiful setting. I think the lower end wine are fine, I liked the Cab Franc the best. All are solidly in the Napa price range (ie wildly overpriced). Our server was kind enough to pour some of their single vineyard and upper end Cabs. The To Kalon was very good. Highly recommended, but out of my price range.

I think they get a lot of visitors but are on the lookout for serious tasters and will treat them well with higher end wine. The tasting was $40 iirc, expensive but worth it since I was poured the higher end wine.

Your tasting was 40.00 wow they saw me coming!!!

It was free for us, even before I told them I was a Berserker.

I’ll bump this after an amazing morning at AO with Rick, more notes to follow on the wines which were outstanding. The property is beautiful and the staff was wonderful. Contact them before hand, it’s refreshing to be treated well because you love wine and what they do not because you show up in a Lamborghini.

I can’t wait to visit Rick and hopefully Jean in sept!

Jean is a Berserker himself, and he and his staff have never been anything but utterly hospitable and gracious when we’ve visited.

Rick and barrel sampling with him in May.

Love the vineyard, the atmosphere and their people. Top notch Service. However, most of their wines were not my style, but i did not get to try their ERA or Tokalon Cabs. I will Caveat this with the fact it was the last vineyard of the day.

And if you want a taste of Alpha Omega on the cheap, check out Go Figure Lots 31 & 32.