Anyone up for 200% new oak

Yes, that’s the term that has been used, at least with respect to Dominique Laurent in France, who used that technique back in the 1990s.

I’d rather have the trees.

And from what I understand, this technique has been used in the North Coast as well - though just not ‘advertised’ as such . . .

Cheers

Larry, right before we met you for dinner at Industrial Eats we tasted at Alma Rosa… [wow.gif]

• 2014 Alma Rosa Pinot Noir 44th Anniversary - USA, California, Central Coast, Sta. Rita Hills (2/12/2018)
    12 months in new oak and then racked off and aged another 12 months in new oak? That doesn’t sound like a great idea… What do I know, they actually pulled this off. Intense floral and berry nose. Concentrated. Creamy Raspberry and vanilla flavors with a slick mouthfeel. While not my preferred style, it was the gangs favorite of the lineup.

Posted from CellarTracker

Todd Anderson has the ability to throw out the most ridiculous wine proposition…and sell it. Amazing, really.

Wasn’t Ghost Horse a sort of ‘dare’ or experiment, to see if he could create a cult wine? He did it sort of as a joke/lark, but it worked?

Funny…I just drank their 93 Estate Reserve cab last week, and it was just delicious. In a classic Cali sort of way.

You make is sound so appetizing.

But couldn’t you get the same hi from a Dr. Pepper?

Don’t they call that “Double Oaked?”