Anyone tried the 2017 Becklyns yet?

Nope it’s live.

Anyone tried this one yet?

2017 Becklyn Pangkarra-Made in two new special selected French Oak barrels from row 56 in the Beckstoffer Missouri Hopper vineyard in Yountville this wine shows mulberries, a freshness of ripe ruby red notes of strawberry, cherries, and raspberry. It is laden with earth and mineral suggestions all the while remaining long on the finish with just a hint of crème de cassis as a final touch. Enjoy 2021-2045. 39 cases made.

Order in. 3 of each or the reds. Hope I don’t regret not getting more.

Have they even been bottled yet?

I have to say, I’m very curious about any Mike Smith cab represented by only 468 bottles.

The MH has got to be one of the best deals going for that vineyard.

Does anyone know if the Reserve is the same as the Moulds reserve ($95) of the past or is this new?

Thinking of keeping it light since I went all in on Napa ‘16s, maybe a 4 or 6 pack of Cabs heavy on the Napa Valley for value.

Took it light this round, will load up more next year. 2018 is a better vintage.

In for a dozen.

I clicked on the Purchase link, and there’s no place for me to sign in??

I picked up 3x Napa, 1x Hopper, 1x Moulds. The Pangkarra sounds intriguing, but I didn’t want to throw the money at it without any data.

3x Napa, 2x MH, 1x Pangkarra - figured I’d get 1 of the initial release.

3x Napa, 2x MH, 1x Pangkarra for me as well. Figured if the Pangkarra turns in to a hit, at least I have one I can pride myself on.

I just placed my order for an assortment of everything except the Pangkarra. While I still buy a few Cabs at or above that price level, I’m cutting back and not looking to add another one that’s approaching $200.

Passed this year, will be much lighter on 2017s than 2016s in general for vintage specific reasons as well as general trend

Come visit Chico and we will pour it for you! [cheers.gif]

I finally got around to ordering, and bought 6 Napa Valley (with an additional 4 wish listed), and 2 Missouri Hopper (never had it). The Pangkarra looks to be sold out. I like the Becklyn Reserve, but have 4 of the 2014 still aging away, so didn’t order… I really like the Napa Valley bottling, and find it drinks quite well young, I’ve probably had 4 bottles of the 2016 already. I am not very concerned about the 2017 vintage, qualitatively speaking, for known and trusted producers.