Anyone Still Drink Mondavi Reserve Cab?

I’ll take your word for it. I agree about the Emblem.

BTW - Mondavi Reserve 2016 is $109 at Last Bottle at the moment. Should be up for a couple of minutes.

Continuum started as a mostly Tokalon wine but when constellation reneged on their agreement to sell fruit to Tim, he started to transition to Pritchard Hill. 05 was mostly Tokalon with some Stags Leap AVA. 06 was all Tokalon. 07 saw the first Pritchard Hill fruit. 08-11 saw PH portion increase with grapes from Mt Veeder, Diamond Mountain, Oakville and Stags Leap also depending on the vintage. 2012 was the first 100% PH wine.

I still purchase RM Reserve one or two bottles a year. I am a member with RM, and I still like their reserve cab. I don’t know if you tried their momentum or not, but I would say their $35 2013 momentum is one of my favorite cabs on under 50 price range.

FWIW Continuum is one of my top 5 wines at Premiere Napa Valley each year. This was the PNV tasting booklet write-up for last year’s lot.
888A8C8D-1AB6-447B-B710-CEC394389771.jpeg

Zero Constellation Brands stuff allowed in my house but I’ve been on the Continuum list since the inaugural vintage.
Great wines and great people.

https://www.cellartracker.com/classic/event.asp?iEvent=43419

Zero Constellation Brands stuff allowed in my house but I’ve been on the Continuum list since the inaugural vintage.
Great wines and great people.

I miss these events. Sample the 2014 Continuum and many other great wines at Sunfish Cellars last December. $25.00!!! [cheers.gif]

If you are buying at auction, why not buy the old stuff??

1990 Mondavi Reserve still my WOTY so far. That will get tested again tonight

David, how was it? And I assume Continuum is a good wine to search for if I’m a fan of old classic Mondavis?

Sorry the confusion. I got tested by other wines as I have a group that has gotten together every Friday for the last decade to drink great wines. I wish I could have another. Continuum is very different (Pritchard Hill even though they cant say that anymore) though if you can get your hands on their inagural 05 vintage that would be as it was To kalon fruit. Continuum is also a blend which varies by year and some are very heavy Cab franc. Id check the blend on the website before buying any as it can be very different from year to year. Mondavi Reserve is fairly easy to find on the auction circuit also