Anyone opening good wine for the 4th, or is it a beer day ?

Flannery sells American Wagyu, which are merely a type of cattle originally bred in Japan. Much like American Cabernet Sauvignon wine is, well, American grown grapes from a type of vine originally (or at least at one point) grown in France.

2014 Turley Cedarman, most liikely (possibly 2006 Geyserville if there are last-minute changes to the menu)

Of course, that doesn’t mean it’s not a “beer day”…

I’m predicting dabbling in all 3 groups (spirits as well). Had a John Daly whilst cleaning up and prepping food. I’m sure a beer is in the near offing. Certainly expect wines running the gamut from pink to red. Covering the bases and what’s more American than baseball?

Here’s a patriotic idea that is neither wine nor beer but is vetted (well, sort of) by sommeliers…

I have a Mouzon-Leroux L’ascendant bubbly chilling, and I am sampling through now a 2012 Rhys Bearwallow and 2016 Kutch Bohan pinot noirs. These all seem like a good fit for today. Staying away from big, dark wines today…scary!

Omg! Lol! Really?

Mousse Champagne L’extra Or

Drinking a very nice 2010 Rhys Swan right now.

I’m just busting your chops. Enjoy your holiday! champagne.gif

Bedrock Ode to Lulu

Now THAT…is how you do it!! Well played!!

Either starting with an older Carlisle white (Derivitive or Compagni Portis) or a Fine Disregard Semillon.

After that, going to try a 1983 Mayacamas Zin, and if that’s no good, I have a 2009 Bedrock Heirloom ready to rock!

Happy 4th all!!

Domaine Carneros Brut for bubbles to start, and a 2014 Turley Ueberroth for dinner.

After reviewing the facts submitted to a candid world that an absolute Tyranny existed in the States, Turley seemed a terrific choice. Not exactly sure why, but it just does.

George III was a right prick, you know, and the signors knew they could better. I guess Larry Turley knew he could do better as well, and I gotta admire that.

Happy 4th to all! We opened a 2017 Ridge Geyserville. Absolutely delicious even at 2 years old.

Ed

2008 Caymus. It was surprisingly very nice.

Also finished of the 2014 Mending Wall from last night.

was planning on beer tonight but, we are into grilling and chilling season, and having had beer with hot dogs Tuesday night and beer with bison burgers last night, opted for 2017 Dry Creek Sauvignon Blanc (Sonoma)…delicious, is on my " buy again" list.

Bacon cheeseburger with guacamole on top with an ice cold Henhouse Oyster stout Ale. Yum and yum.

Tom

Opened the 15 Nervo in tribute to the most American of wine styles. It’s rocking.

The only wine we opened today was barefoot moscato in magnum. We make a punch with it with pineapple and rum, and plenty of ice cubes. Definitely not a wine day for us.

1998 Chateau Musar

Rhys Bearwallow Pinot Noir 2014