Anyone interested in a Haut Brion tasting at Troquet in Boston in Nov.19 8PM

This is the first time i’ve said this…

I wish I wasn’t in Italy then. I’d have made a trip down for this one.

Love Italy more, we will miss you, have fun.

to date the Haut Brions to be enjoyed 11/19

64 from Kevin
75 from Donn in absentia
88 from Craig
90 from Ron

Any update on this Ron? Are we really down to only 3 people and 4 bottles of HB?

And Joyce but let me check other sources

You going to bring a date?

Tentatively.

flirtysmile

8PM folks

Ron, thanks so much for organizing those terrific dinners. It was great to meet you and Joyce as well as all the others. Congratulations on your engagement!

I felt that all four wines showed very well and were characteristic of their vintages (though I haven’t had enough 64s to really know). It was hard for me to pick favorites from that group. Really a privilege to be able to follow those wines over several hours.

Kevin, thanks for sharing your birth year wine with us! And Donn, thanks so much for your generous contribution of the 75. I hope I can thank you in person at another event.

Awesome meal, thanks for setting up Ron!

Lineup:

1964 Château Haut-Brion
1975 Château Haut-Brion
1988 Château Haut-Brion
1990 Château Haut-Brion
IMG_2859.jpg

Lovely evening at Troquet. This is the first I’ve had the tasting menu which i loved. Craig thank you for coming all the way from California to attend this event, this may be a record? Don, we missed you
I look forward eating at the new Troquet in the leather district in the new year. BTW, they will have a private dining room for up to thirty people. Now that would make for a super OL.

Ron,

Excellent!

Obviously, a GREAT evening! Loved the wine selection, with a twenty six year vintage variation,
it provided a perspective of everything, winemakers, weather, longevity, corks and flavor profiles.

Personally, really enjoy this type of tasting, at our ages, (simply guessing), an enjoyable, historical wine experience, that we won’t experience in the next 26 years.

Troquet sounds great!

Looking forward to next year, meeting each of you!

Ron, have you started something new here? The RK annual first growth “WINE EXPERIENCE?”

Donn

PS: What’s this engagement speak?

"PS: What’s this engagement speak?"

Joyce and I will wed probably mid- Feb. champagne.gif flirtysmile

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You mean the 1990?

champagne.gif

Yeah… that’s the ticket!