Anyone have experience with GrillGrates?

Just bought two sets of these. My local Ace Hardware store was closing them out. Bought a set for my Traeger and a set for my Weber Kettle that will also get use over the Breo fire pit. Paid $60 for both. A few buddies have them and rave about them.

I’m really hoping they help me get the grilling surface of the Traeger hotter so I can sear steaks out of the sous vide.

Given the age of this thread anyone here still using them? Any tips?

I still use mine. They are nine years old now and still work well.

1 Like

Used them right out of the box last night. Since they were close outs they aren’t exact fit fit my model Traeger but they worked great. I used both the grate and flat side. Really liked them. Beautiful hatch marks, but as noted above there isn’t much char if that’s what you like. But, the steaks were delicious.

I think next time I’m going to put some butter on the flat side and see how that does.

I still use the same setup (3/5 ribs up 2/5 flat side up). Still happy with them overall in terms of performance.

They do tend to get a build up if you don’t clean them enough, especially if you use marinades, etc. Debris stays on top of them as opposed to falling through, and as opposed to having a grease fire underneath, the debris plus grease can ignite on top. As I run max heat for steaks need to make sure to clean before especially with a wagyu ny or a ribeye.

1 Like