Any must have rieslings on this list?

Beat me to it. That Alzinger is at least really good in any vintage.

An excellent list and, though none stand out as spectacular value, I don’t think any of them are outrageously priced either (at least not compared with regular market prices). In no particular order, the following are well priced and superb:

Schloss Lieser Niederberg Helden TBA 2006 375ml ~ 4 @ $198
Zilliken Saarburger Rausch Auslese LGK Auction 1999 375ml ~ 1 @ $99
Fritz Haag Brauneberger Juffer Sonnenuhr TBA 2003 375ml ~ 1 @ $249
Fritz Haag Brauneberger Juffer Sonnenuhr Auslese GK Auction #13 375ml @ $69
Egon Muller Scharzhofberger Spatlese 2016 ~ 1 @ $158
Dr. Crusius Traiser Eiswein Auction 2001 ~ 1 @ $99

Great to see someone who takes riesling seriously by the way, without too much dry stuff on the list! Is it Benchmark?

Yes

There are big differences between french (alsace) and german riesling.
I let the other answer for german riesling ( i don’t like them : less alcohol and smelt more a oil barrel)
The 3 producers in list belong of the top : trimbach, boxler, deiss.

The wines from Reinhold Haart look like great prices.
Schloss Lieser made absolutely great GKA in 2010.

Indeed great producers of dry Riesling
Like many Germans on the list

Ditto the Alzingers and Trimbach FE. Stylistically in my wheelhouse

I love/hate this thread for exposing my to the awesomeness that is Benchmark Wine and helping me part with so much of my money. Also, thank all of you for not buying the Markus Molitor Zeltinger Sonnenuhr Eiswein 1998, which was absolutely stunning.

Another vote for the Alzinger 02 here, Yong. Donnhoff made wonderful wine in 2005, for my tastes. Hexamer is very good sometimes-under-the-radar producer. But top of the list would be the Emrich Schonleber wines—those will give nothing but pleasure, I bet.

Oh yes–and the Deiss Altenbourg VT from 94—one of the great years for late harvest production.

Claus : sorry for ???
Less alcohol and smelt more oil barrel.

As i try to say, it’s a question of personal taste

Lots of good advice on this thread. I would personally be intrigued by the Nigl and Nikolaihof offerings (need to look up the vintages).

Cheers,
Doug

You´re mixing (a few) dry), semi-sweet and sweet wines - very different animals,
and also prices from 50 to 2000+

The Alzinger 2002 and Trimbach FE would be my choices - also FX Pichler.

I really think it is a fact that:
-German dry Riesling contains same level of alcohol as any other Riesling from Alsace or Austria
-Aged German Riesling does not smell more or less than other aged Riesling
Personal taste is another matter…

No,
Riesling from alsace : between 12,5 and 14,5 degrees
(inao rules )
German riesling : around 8.
( I don’t know how german regulation authorise )
But i see between 7 and 9.

Francois, I’m afraid you aren’t really familiar with modern dry German wines. Perhaps you should pick up a mixed six or dozen to try. Whilst there might not be much availability in Paris most producers will ship directly to you from Germany.

Russell, it’s done. I have drunk a dozen of dr loosen, jj prum in my life (old or young wine)
Because a friend of mine love them and bring one or two at each monthly tasting.

Availability is poor in Paris (and also for other countries it’s the same thing) but some german cavists ship easily in france with cheap shiping ( and also italian wine )

And i really don’t like them.

You aren’t talking about dry wines.

I give up.

No must haves. And I love these kinds of wines.

Please read my post

I can only 2nd Russel, German DRY Rieslings usually have an alc between 11° (quite low) to 14.5° and more (dry Auslese).
Wines with lower alc are at least semi-sweet if not very sweet, because part of the sugar did not ferment into alc.
German dry Rieslings are on the same high class as Austrian and French Rieslings - preference is a matter of taste.
You should dry some GGs (Grosse Gewächse) to get an impression