Any good Temecula wines?

Not sure what it means for the wine at Sans V but I just got a broadcast email saying that Stehleon has stopped production and “closed” its tasting room. It also said that tasting room was under “new management”. Vesper is still licensed at that address but I’m curious as to what’s behind all this. If anyone here knows I’d appreciate an update.

Temecula wine? Meh to a solid no.

If you are wanting a nice afternoon wine tasting in a pretty setting and are ok with good but not amazing wine, check out Espinosa, Domaine Artefact and Altipiano wineries in San Diego off of Highland Valley Drive.

As said earlier I’ll second that the best wine in San Diego is being made down in the Guadalupe Valley, Mexico.

Callaway made one of California’s finest Sauvignon Blancs back in the early '80s - and a late harvest Chenin Blanc that was also superb. Used to be a lot of old vine Zins that came out of the area, but most of those were from Cucamonga vines that have since been torn up for “modern housing”.

I live in San Diego (Encinitas) but have not visited many wineries here and none in Temecula.
The vineyards in San Diego Cty are very small and scattered in many different areas.
I also have the perception that the better wine areas are in Escondido and Fallbrook.
One that I remember going to in Fallbrook called The Beach House had ok wine and I would like to visit again.